• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

edf energy back bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edf energy back bill

hi all,
    wondering if anyone can help.step daughter switched electric companies from edf to another one, a final bill was sent as she was in credit which they sent her a cheque for a refund. some months later say send out bill saying she owes them balance of £550, she as had contact with edf and now they have handed it over to a dca. she as told me little of what they have said but seems a little weird that they would settle the account but then come back later and ask her for money owed.seems tome they have made a mistake .i have told her not to contact edf by phone and only contact by letter so need little help with the next steps.
    Tags: None

Re: edf energy back bill

Hi,

could you please find out the dates of the bill?

if it is over 12 months (or the energy provider provided an incorrect bill) then a back billing process applies.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/h...ng-your-rights

hope it helps

Callie
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
      Hi, could you please find out the dates of the bill?
      if it is over 12 months (or the energy provider provided an incorrect bill) then a back billing process applies.
      Callie
      hi
      The final bill is dated 22/03/2017, last reading on is 06/03/2017
      we have got final bill a showing refund £8.64.
      22/03/2017 recieve cheque for sum of £8.64
      1/10/2017 recieve 2 letters identical letters from edf but both from different people
      about a final bill of £552.96 which i find odd
      29/10/2017 recieve another demand for bill of £544.32 so thats an increase £8.64
      7/11/2017 letter from a dca sent asking for £552.96
      various phone calls have been made to edf but with no solution.
      that is why i said letters only from now because it seems to me
      they are passing us from 1 person to another.
      hope there enough info.even the current suppier
      as said that something is not right
      thanks

Comment

can you please post up the bill so I can see what is happening?

Please make sure and remove any identification (ie name and address)

thanks
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Yes will do,
          wont be until thursday 16th .
          Im away until then.
          Thanks

Comment

any time

Comment

hi
              here are the bills
              Attached Files
              Last edited by pabs; 16th November 2017, 17:46:PM.

Comment

Few things jump out at me.

Have you always been on a variable tariff? If not why are EDF charging you on one at the moment, also on your new bill is this estimated or not?

If it is not estimated does it have a D beside the read?

Kindly have a quick check of some old bills (preferably a month apart) and let me know your meter readings so I can work out your normal usage and we can hit them with a demand for investigation based on figures (they REALLY don't like it when you do that).

EDF are swines for this.

Finally, are you single fuel as there is no gas read for this and a bill of over £500 seems exorbidant to me!

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                  Few things jump out at me.

Have you always been on a variable tariff? If not why are EDF charging you on one at the moment, also on your new bill is this estimated or not?

If it is not estimated does it have a D beside the read?

Kindly have a quick check of some old bills (preferably a month apart) and let me know your meter readings so I can work out your normal usage and we can hit them with a demand for investigation based on figures (they REALLY don't like it when you do that).

EDF are swines for this.

Finally, are you single fuel as there is no gas read for this and a bill of over £500 seems exorbidant to me!
                  always been on a variable tariff, as you can see from final bill it says estimated in it but no other bill as ever been sent so its a bit confusing as where they get the figures from. They is a letter saying a thats revised reading as been sent to new supplier will post it on here.

dont know were it will says in bill about the d could i off blanked it out

wil lpost some old bills on here.it does say in a letter about a revised reading but no new bill ever arrived

edf was the gas supplier but a pre payment meter was in use.edf was the gas supplier but a pre payment meter was in use.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by pabs; 17th November 2017, 18:21:PM.

Comment

When you left EDF what reading was given to new supplier?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                      When you left EDF what reading was given to new supplier?
                      been told it is 11577 if that helps
                      thanks

Comment

On what date was that compared to the final bill you are disputing presumably its the same meter

Comment

got this letter from edf but no other letters have been received to say were the £552.96 as come from.
                          called new supplier and say have given us the figure of 11577
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                            On what date was that compared to the final bill you are disputing presumably its the same meter
                            final bill came in on 22/03/2017 and the letter about your closing meter reading came in on the 13/09/2017 even if it took 6 months to change suppliers the final bill seems really high. meter as just been changed for a smart meter

Comment

AAAAAAAAAH right that might make sense.

Who changed the meter?

do you have a final read for the meter exchange?

something that I don't understand, you say this is a prepayment meter but you were being charged on a Direct Debit? This isn't a normal way to pay on a prepayment meter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X