• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - lowell portfolio 1 ltd / jd williams - 6-11-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - lowell portfolio 1 ltd / jd williams - 6-11-2017

happens many a time post office accept monies for a service and not comply with obligations, but in the past as happened a response referring to the said letter sent so you know they received it, also copy of despatch attached to hard copy stops them having a cop out!

The worst ones are P.O. Box numbers letters sent, so if possible search for headquarters or the actual address of the person/organisation receiving said item/ which ever way always file to letter the post office despatch receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      happens many a time post office accept monies for a service and not comply with obligations, but in the past as happened a response referring to the said letter sent so you know they received it, also copy of despatch attached to hard copy stops them having a cop out!

The worst ones are P.O. Box numbers letters sent, so if possible search for headquarters or the actual address of the person/organisation receiving said item/ which ever way always file to letter the post office despatch receipt.

So i have got proof of postage/copy of sent cca letter is that good enough to put in the defence that
      i get/got no reply from dca/claimant from the cca letter.
      for obvious reasons i dont want to chase them up in case they come up with documents i have asked them for.
      The reason i'm asking, is for when i file the defence, i no there is still plenty of time to get a reply.
      i may be over thinking it but only asking because i dont want to make a mistake.
      hope this makes sense.

Comment

do not chase you do not want them to find the documents? read thru other threads and get to see how these things tend to run, then can be told much later down to supply by a judge if it ever gets that far, and failure will sink them, and if they did the documents would have to correct in all respects

Comment

I've been through something similar. If you search the threads you'll see it. After it was thrown out of court, I wrote Lowell a nice letter asking hem to wipe the debt and also remove the default off my credit report, and they did just that.

Comment

It might be worth chasing up via Royal mail website saying there is no sign of it being delivered

I have done this in the past and they have sent me proof of delivery and a copy of the signature

I have had it happen with regular addresses and PO boxes , to be honest there seems little logic behind what gets onto the website and what doesn't

Comment

hi all,
              so i am nearing the time that i need to summit my defence. I have not received any of the documents back from the cca & cpr 31 letters which is a good thing. my questions are does the defence have to be submitted on a working day i have until the 9th dec which is saturday i was thinking of e-mailing it the the court on friday the 9th dec and do i have to send a copy to the solictors because i have been reading other posts and want to make sure thats all.
              Last edited by pabs; 4th December 2017, 22:48:PM.

Comment

Would be grateful if any one can tell me the following.

Do i have to send a copy of my defence to claimants solictor.

When i e-mail defence to court. do i put the defence in the e-mail or as an attachment.

Do i put Claim responses & directions: then claim number in subject bar.when e-mailing

Thanks
                Last edited by pabs; 5th December 2017, 20:34:PM.

Comment

hi
                  i have got to get my defence in by this friday and
                  was hoping somebody could please see if its ok.
                  i have left certain info out that will put in before sending.

thanks
                  Last edited by pabs; 8th December 2017, 12:38:PM.

Comment

urgent help needed please.
                    hi all
                    i need help in filing my defence it as to in tomorrow so be very grateful if somebody could
                    check if it ok i have used the template and amended to my needs but have left dates and other info out.
                    a big thankyou in advance

Comment

right thats the defence submitted so i guess i now sit and wait.

Comment

Sorry for missing your previous posts pabs, it all seems quite straightforward for you so I'm sure just amending the example will be fine So yes now they have 28 days to respond to the court to say if they want to continue, then you'll get a Directions Questionnaire - or if they don't respond the case will be put on hold. If you hear nothing then check with the court about this time next month
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi @Amethyst

No problem, i have been looking on others posts trying to find out as much as possible and found a good section last nite.

if anyone could help with a couple of questions.the claim is in my wifes name and she is terrified of going to court, i no it might not go that far but and is a long way off. But would i be able to
                          attend any hearing with her. Would i put 2 where it asks about how many witnesses in the n180.

The other one is when i sent cca letter, i sent it 1st class signed for, i have had no reply but i got no signnature from royal mail but got proof of postage, chased it up with royal mail but got a standard reply.was sending letter enough or should i of followed it up.would the letter be classed as been served.
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by pabs; 9th December 2017, 17:16:PM.

Comment

tagging @Amethyst
                            hi all,
                            so today i recieved the d/q form n180 and have until 4th jan 2018 to return.
                            most of the form i am happy filling in, but could anyone please tell me if it went as far as an hearing would i be allowed to help represent my wife as the claim is in her name. so would i put 2 witnesses in that box in n180 form.
                            many thanks

Comment

I would keep it straightforward for now, just put 1 witness in the box, and if you get to a hearing order you can ask then to represent your wife ( likely she would need to attend and you could do the talking - but it's a fair way off yet )

Have you still not had any documents at all off the claimants ?

When you do the N180 remember to send a copy of the completed form over to the claimant as well.

The other one is when i sent cca letter, i sent it 1st class signed for, i have had no reply but i got no signnature from royal mail but got proof of postage, chased it up with royal mail but got a standard reply.was sending letter enough or should i of followed it up.would the letter be classed as been served.
                              Thanks
                              That'll be plenty fine You have the evidence of posting the letter and that is enough.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                I would keep it straightforward for now, just put 1 witness in the box, and if you get to a hearing order you can ask then to represent your wife ( likely she would need to attend and you could do the talking - but it's a fair way off yet )

Have you still not had any documents at all off the claimants ?

When you do the N180 remember to send a copy of the completed form over to the claimant as well.

That'll be plenty fine You have the evidence of posting the letter and that is enough.
                                hi amethyst
                                thank for info.
                                no we have recieved no documents back from claimant, just 2 letters from solicitors and a letter about the sar request from o/c.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X