• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Retail Fraud Before I Purchased An Item

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Fraud Before I Purchased An Item

Hi guys. I went into Argos today and bought a Laptop. Only 800.00 not one that costs thousands however when I got home I found the item in the box was an old second hand item without half the parts.

The store refused to take it back point blank and as I paid cash what redress do I have? I have the proof of purchase. I can only assume someone has bought one put this old one in there and took it back for a refund. I have then unknowingly purchased it and I'm stuck with an item I can't use and short 800.00. Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: Retail Fraud Before I Purchased An Item

Have you escalated it to their head office?

Comment

Not yet as it only happened to me this afternoon. Can they refuse to give me a replacement item? The manager and staff were just like you took it home and swooped it we aren't stupid. As if I would do something so blatant. I don't want a refund just what I ordered.

Comment

Was the seal ont eh box damaged, or was there extra sticky tape on there?

Comment

So are you saying it was not the model described on the receipt?

I think you will need to get head office involved

Comment

The seal looked ok. Theres no extra tape i just cut the two ends and pulled it off as i didnt expect to have this inside. It most definitely was not the model it should have been it had a sticker with Windows XP on it. It should have Windows 10 and this laptop looks like it's about 10 years old. It's full of dust has scratches on and clearly is not new. I have no idea how this would have happened but I do know that this is not what I Purchased. It's either some sort of scam or someone at the distribution centre got things very wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by my_cougar49 View Post
              The seal looked ok. Theres no extra tape i just cut the two ends and pulled it off as i didnt expect to have this inside. It most definitely was not the model it should have been it had a sticker with Windows XP on it. It should have Windows 10 and this laptop looks like it's about 10 years old. It's full of dust has scratches on and clearly is not new. I have no idea how this would have happened but I do know that this is not what I Purchased. It's either some sort of scam or someone at the distribution centre got things very wrong....
              Make a formal complaint in writing by signed for post to the CEO and send or take in a copy to the store manager.

nem

Comment

I've just been back again and kicked up a right stink. The manager is having none of it. I think I will end up writing a letter but that probably won't get my laptop or money back...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X