• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj changed courts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj changed courts

Hello I'm new to this site so please go easy on me.
    Today recived a copy of ccj I requested BUT the origanly court was north bulk centre THEN Dudley but as I now live in walsall it's from Walsall court. THE court name has changed but the date still says 11 August 2016. How is this possibly when they only got my new address this week. Advice please is this even lawful to doctor a form like that?
    Tags: None

Re: Ccj changed courts

Originally posted by Midlandcb View Post
    Hello I'm new to this site so please go easy on me.
    Today recived a copy of ccj I requested BUT the origanly court was north bulk centre THEN Dudley but as I now live in walsall it's from Walsall court. THE court name has changed but the date still says 11 August 2016. How is this possibly when they only got my new address this week. Advice please is this even lawful to doctor a form like that?
    Hi,

The form is not " doctored" at all the court has updated the record to show your current address which is of course needed if the claimant was to take any enforcement action.

nem

Comment

Today recived a copy of ccj I requested BUT the origanly court was north bulk centre THEN Dudley but as I now live in walsall it's from Walsall court. THE court name has changed but the date still says 11 August 2016.
      Why did you request a copy of the CCJ?

What's been happening with the claim since August last year which you may need help with?

Di

Comment

Hello thanks for reply
        All letters been sent to an old address of your years but it's now at attachment of earnings stage and bailiff waiting to serve me paper work.
        I only found this ccj two weeks ago after doing a search on mysel

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you just wasn't sure if it was correct

Comment

All letters been sent to an old address of your years but it's now at attachment of earnings stage and bailiff waiting to serve me paper work.
          I only found this ccj two weeks ago after doing a search on mysel
          In which case you should be looking into the potential to have the CCJ set aside since you didn't receive the claim form.

Who was the Claimant and which solicitors were instructed?

How much is the CCJ (presumably a Default Judgment since you didn't file an Acknowledgement of Service with NCCBC) ?

If you make an Application to set-aside the CCJ then you can tackle the bailiffs and AOE issues at the same time.

Di

Comment

Thank you it was for a vancuis account so I'm told by Dryden solicitors the judgment is for £460 passed to them by Arrow international. I spoke to court clerck about it but I can't afford the £255 to set asside.

Comment

it was for a vancuis account so I'm told by Dryden solicitors the judgment is for £460 passed to them by Arrow international. I spoke to court clerck about it but I can't afford the £255 to set asside.
              If you're in receipt of certain benefits or on low income you may be entitled to fee remission.

It may be possible to ask the solicitor to consent to a set aside which means you wouldn't need to make the application.

Also consider whether another option might be to make an Application to Vary the CCJ to affordable monthly payments (assuming it's a forthwith Order).

Either Application (set aside or vary) could deal with the Bailiff and AOE issue.

Di

Comment

Thanks again I asked the solicitor and they said they can't do anything because of how far it's got. I will ring them with this and ask them again.

Comment

Thanks again I asked the solicitor and they said they can't do anything because of how far it's got. I will ring them with this and ask them again.
                  Good morning I followed your advice and spoke with the solicitors this morning the out come is because of New address the bailiffs are no longer issueing attachment Of earning and all court action stopped. The account been out on hold u ntill any paperwork has been received by myself. Just like to say a big thank you your help really is priceless.
                  Last edited by Midlandcb; 13th November 2017, 13:09:PM. Reason: Missed words out.

Comment

Result!

Well Done You

Di

Comment

Again thank you so much. Just one thing what if you don't have paper work to send out to me? What would happen then. This is dating back to 2009

Comment

I would suggest you start right off from scratch. Have you received default notice and a deed of assignment from vanquis to the DCA?

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
                          I would suggest you start right off from scratch. Have you received default notice and a deed of assignment from vanquis to the DCA?
                          Hello thanks for reply to date I've had nothing all correspondence had been sent to an old address so waiting for post at the minute but off memory I don't ever recall having a card/account with these.

Comment

Might be an interesting one then!

Comment

I will keep posted as soon I get the paper work. May well be something I've forgotten about but I really don't recall having one. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X