• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help regarding high court baliff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding high court baliff

Hi can anyone give me advise my wife gave away our car to her niece so to learn to drive. We could not find the car documents at the time so wen we found them we posted them to her and posted the part to DVLA. later I had a phone call from high court bailiff saying I had to pay £408 for the vehicle we gave away for a penalty notice which came from the Portsmouth area of which i am still the car owner I paid it but now I want to try seeing if I can take my wife niece to small claims to get this money back as she never sent the car registration form in but drove the vehicle then sold it on knowing that she never changed name over she saying that she never received the documents in the post. Then if she never did then why did she not ask us if we sent them and more important sell the car onto someone without the car documents is this against the law so if I were to take her to small claims on this information I have said enough to win this case
    Tags: None

Re: Help regarding high court baliff

So you sent the notification to the DVLA. Contact the DVLA and complain.

Did you get any sort of documentation prior to this or is this the first you have heard about it?.

Who was the parking company?

Comment

We moved homes the day she took the car away so as far as I was concerned we did all we needed to do the money was due to Portsmouth council

Comment

Originally posted by X-MEN View Post
        We moved homes the day she took the car away so as far as I was concerned we did all we needed to do the money was due to Portsmouth council
        I suppose the most immediate thing to do is to let the DVLA know that you no longer own the car, as suggested by Ostell.
        Last edited by Spirit200; 9th November 2017, 22:15:PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
          I suppose the most immediate thing to do is to let the DVLA know that you no longer own the car
          it's more complicated than I have said as the car was involved in a hit and run and as I was supposed to be the owner the police contacted me this was how i found out I still owned the vehicle all I need to know is would I win in a small claims court if we gave her the car and she never sent the vehicle docs off and she sold the car on without having the docks as the person she sold it too was the person who did the hit and run

Comment

Think you could run up a large bill for no return.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X