• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What to do for the best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do for the best?

Hi everyone

I've had letters from both Blemain and another mortgage company telling me they owe me money, and the mortgage company has posted a cheque as well.

How do I check all this out and know whether this is acceptable or whether I need to explore the fees I was originally charged further?

A solicitor is willing to discuss all this with me but it costs.

Is there any new information out about mortgage companies making unnecessary charges, etc?

Should I pay for solicitor's advice? The problem is how far do you go?

Sorry this is brief but I'm at work, I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: What to do for the best?

Nice.Always good to receive cheques rather than writing them.

Did the cheques come with letters explaining what they were for ? ( lack of statements meaning repayment of interest ? overcharged ERC ? something like that ?)

I think best thing is to put the letters ( personal info removed ) up on here and see if we can figure out exactly what they are for.

Who's the other mortgage co ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: What to do for the best?

Originally posted by Russelx View Post
      I've had letters from both Blemain and another mortgage company telling me they owe me money, and the mortgage company has posted a cheque as well.

How do I check all this out and know whether this is acceptable or whether I need to explore the fees I was originally charged further?
      Blemain is now called 'Together Finance' so was your letter from them and do you still have a secured loan with them?

Do (or did) you ever have arrears with either Blemain or the other mortgage company?

Have you ever had a dispute with either of them? Blemain had/has a reputation for rushing borrowers into court to get Suspended Possession Orders.

I would send a Subject Access Request to both of them so you can see the full history of the accounts.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X