• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting used car within 6 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting used car within 6 months

Hi,I am looking for some advice with regards rejecting a used car I bough 13 weeks ago from franchise car dealer (richard hardie)the car is a 62 plate fiat 500 with only 30000miles on it,I was driving to work and car started juddering and lost all power and engine management light came in,I have been told it has a misfire and coil pack problem and was charged £90 for diagnostic check,I am 2 weeks out of the 3 month warranty that came with car but I am really not happy that car has developed a major problem after 13 weeks,I paid cash for car £5200 so am I within my legal rights to reject car within 6 month time period,any advice would be welcome thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Rejecting used car within 6 months

Yes you are. if there are more problems.. You can reject but you have to give them one chance to repair. They have to prove that there was no fault. There should not have been a charge.

Comment

Thanks very much for reply really appreciate it,I have also spoken to CAB today and they confirmed I should have no out of pocket expense for the car and that dealer should of had it recovered,I will be speaking to dealer shortly to advise of this

Comment

Hi
        If you speak, at least confirm your discussions in writing.
        If this reaches court (which it shouldn't) a paper trail will be useful.

Comment

I have started writing everything down with regards telephone calls I have made to dealer and also CAB which I received advice from also

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X