• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pre-Action Protocols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Action Protocols

Hi All,

I wondered, does the new Pre Action Protocols, October 2017, apply to people that have been contacted by Debt Collecting Agencies before this date?

Many thanks

Bobs
    Tags: None

Re: Pre-Action Protocols

As long g as a letter before action hasn't been sent although I think arguably they might need to send another if no claim has been ussued

Comment

Please don't quote me on any of that or use it as something to hit them with- get some good proper advice

Comment

Hi Warwick65,

In my case a claim has been issued but then stayed. I am currently waiting for all the information that i requested from the Debt Collecting agency but it has been a few months now since my requests. Maybe they are looking at the new protocol and are actually responding in the correct manor to these new regulations.

Many thanks

bobs

Comment

Hi Warwick65,

Of course i wouldn't quote you! I was hoping for some views to digest and ponder. Thanks for your response but i guess this is all new to everyone at the moment and suspect that I will have to wait and see.

Many thanks for your quick response.

Bobs

Comment

Originally posted by bobsfrancis View Post
            In my case a claim has been issued but then stayed. I am currently waiting for all the information that i requested from the Debt Collecting agency but it has been a few months now since my requests. Maybe they are looking at the new protocol and are actually responding in the correct manor to these new regulations.
            At the risk of stating the obvious “Pre Action Protocol” refers to steps which should be taken (after 1st October 2017) prior to the Claimant issuing legal proceedings.

You've already received a claim. It’s been stayed. Do you have a thread on the forum where I may be able to offer help ?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Many thanks for your kind offer. You have helped before with your experience and guidance. I am in that empty void stage of waiting for the next letter! I Here is my last post link but i don't think that i can do much but just wait! The worst part of all this!

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ht=#post749843

Many thanks again for your kind offer and i am open to any views or suggestions.

Bobs

Comment

Hi Di,

Many thanks for your kind offer. You have helped before with your experience and guidance. I am in that empty void stage of waiting for the next letter! I Here is my last post link but i don't think that i can do much but just wait! The worst part of all this!

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ht=#post749843

Many thanks again for your kind offer and i am open to any views or suggestions.

Bobs

I suspect that the answer is to consider the rather obvious definition, they are Pre-Action Protocols so apply after the action rather than during it. Just a non-legal opinion.

Regards

Comment

Thanks Spirit200 and Di,

If this claim was started by one DCA, but then stayed. If another DCA company starts the claim again does this constitute a new claim, and therefore, the current Pre-Ation Protocols should be adhered to? Discuss

Many thanks

Bobs

Comment

I didn't realise it was possible for a claim to be restarted by a different claimant. If a new claim is started, yes I think the Debt PAP should be followed.

Are you just asking these questions about future possibilities or is something actually happening to your case?

Comment

Thanks Spirit200 and Di,

If this claim was started by one DCA, but then stayed. If another DCA company starts the claim again does this constitute a new claim, and therefore, the current Pre-Ation Protocols should be adhered to? Discuss

Many thanks

Bobs
                      If the claim is stayed, and the debt is sold on during the stay, the original claimant needs to be replaced at the court, the new DCA can't just bring a new claim on the same cause of action. What's the actual position here?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

While we're on the subject....

Letter Before Claim - April 2016 - pay up in 14 days or else.
                        County Court claim issued October 2017

Would the Claimant be able to rely on the pre- new PAP LBC, given the delay?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          While we're on the subject....

Letter Before Claim - April 2016 - pay up in 14 days or else.
                          County Court claim issued October 2017

Would the Claimant be able to rely on the pre- new PAP LBC, given the delay?
                          I that is way too old. But it will come down to the opinion of the int he case I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                            I that is way too old. But it will come down to the opinion of the int he case I think.
                            I agree, & it's not just a hypothetical scenario..
                            Over the last few weeks I've seen many actual cases of this
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Over the last few weeks I've seen many actual cases of this
                              I suspect that social policy may be a better way to progress these than fighting individually through the courts.

Can I encourage you to suggest to cases that you that
                              a) they should put in a formal written complaint to the DCA (not the solicitor) that the debt PAP was not followed, ask for compensation and take it to the FOS if that is rejected. Also ask for any relevant action to be taken on the court case, but often there may not be anything.
                              b) the customer should report the incident to National Debtline. This needs a credible party to assemble a body of complaints to take action.
                              c) the customer should put in a complaint to the FCA which will not benefit them at all.

I know this is a lot to ask of someone who is already stressed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X