• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lying Freeholder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying Freeholder

My freeholder is taking legal action against me for allegedly breaching my lease. He has never issued me with any documents for building insurance and I had to take out my own. He also never cashed my ground rent cheques despite my sending them every year. He owns shop beneath my flat and has wanted this flat for his business. He is lying about these things and I am now dealing with his solicitor who is totally disregarding my claims that freeholder is lying. They are requesting insurance contributions now and I feel they are breaching the lease by not dealing with this sooner. I have paid all the ground rent to solicitor as I never disputed this. But the building insurance is another matter in my opinion. The freeholder and his sons have constantly harassed me since I moved here. Can I do anything to get justice? They are threatening legal action if I don't pay up. Any insights to this weird situation would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Lying Freeholder

Bump for [MENTION=109103]Catherin[/MENTION]
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Lying Freeholder

Hi

The lease will detail the insurance stuff and it important in that type of property. It usualy details terms required

When did you sign the lease ( how long ago )

99% of lease statments/terms can not be argued against easly. but, extra fees/directed charges can sometimes

What you need to be sure of, is your own buildings insurances cover everything needed in the lease terms,
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X