• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Sky Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Sky Debt

I have Lowell chasing me for a sky tv debt for £324 should I arrange monthly payments as I want to avoid a default. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Sky Debt

If you have Lowell chasing you then it is likely you already have a Default - I'd check on your credit file and see when that happened.

Lowell normally look towards bringing court action so to avoid a CCJ you might want to make a settlement offer or installment plan with them, or investigate the account and see if you might have a defence to any Court claim.

Do you know much of the situation of this debt ? How much? How old ? Were you aware you owed it?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by mrneedshelp View Post
      I have Lowell chasing me for a sky tv debt for £324 should I arrange monthly payments as I want to avoid a default.

Thanks
      Hi welcome to LB

If Lowell are chasing you they have now bought the debt Sky I suspect have already defaulted the debt,

However Sky have not ever reported my accounts to a credit reference agency, so I would suggest you check a free credit ref. agency such as Noddle online.

What correspondence have you had from Sky and Lowell e.g. A notice of assignment of the debt to Lowell or one telling you Sky have sold the alleged debt, a default notice, this is a service contract not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

sorry posts crossed.

nem

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked my credit report and there is nothing on there. Should I call them make an offer pay to stop any action?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

sorry posts crossed.

nem
          T'is good, we said the same anyway

Originally posted by mrneedshelp
          Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked my credit report and there is nothing on there. Should I call them make an offer pay to stop any action?

thanks
          Really impossible to say without knowing anything at all about the debt.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

thanks
            When was the account closed / when was the last payment made.
            Please confirm what documents you have received from Lowell/Sky (if any)

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              When was the account closed / when was the last payment made.
              Please confirm what documents you have received from Lowell/Sky (if any)

nem

Thae at account is now over a year old I believe. With sky anyway. I think this is now the second letter I've had from Lowell just asking for saying they can help me me settle the account with an offer.

Comment

If this is not reported on my file and i setup a payment plan will they not report it?

Comment

If this is not reported on my file and i setup a payment plan will they not report it?
                  Good morning,

If you want this out of the way perhaps an offer of full and final settlement a percentage of the outstanding amount would be appropriate.

nem

Comment

Morning nem,

Should I call them or write with a final offer to settle the account. My other worry maybe I think they chased another old debt with me a while ago and don't want to drag that up.

Comment

Morning nem,

Should I call them or write with a final offer to settle the account. My other worry maybe I think they chased another old debt with me a while ago and don't want to drag that up.
                      Hi, Always write and use signed for post. Keep copies of all correspondence .

Start off with an offer of say 15.00 of the alleged balance, but Do Not send any payments until you have unequivocal written acceptance of the offer.

This gives you room to negotiate should the first off be rejected..

As an aside I usually word an offer as " being made as a gesture of good will and without any admission of liability".

nem

Comment

If you make an offer in writing it must be headed Without Prejudice in order to protect your legal position.

An offer to settle which isn't headed WP can be used by Lowells as an admission of the debt which could result in a CCJ if they issue court proceedings.

Making an offer doesn't guarantee it'll be accepted. Any letters written (even one without an offer) can be used by the other party in court. Any letter you write can be shown to a DJ unless it's headed Without Prejudice.

If Lowells decide to issue a claim then they should follow the new Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims which obliges them to send you a Letter Before Claim first.

This process includes a form for you to complete which gives you the opportunity to ask them to produce various documents to support their intended claim. You will have 30 days to respond during which time they mustn't issue a claim.

If they send you any documentation then you will be given another 30 days to respond to it.

It's your choice whether to react with an offer now or do a little more research to see if you can increase your negotiating power.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          If you make an offer in writing it must be headed Without Prejudice in order to protect your legal position.

An offer to settle which isn't headed WP can be used by Lowells as an admission of the debt which could result in a CCJ if they issue court proceedings.

Making an offer doesn't guarantee it'll be accepted. Any letters written (even one without an offer) can be used by the other party in court. Any letter you write can be shown to a DJ unless it's headed Without Prejudice.

If Lowells decide to issue a claim then they should follow the new Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims which obliges them to send you a Letter Before Claim first.

This process includes a form for you to complete which gives you the opportunity to ask them to produce various documents to support their intended claim. You will have 30 days to respond during which time they mustn't issue a claim.

If they send you any documentation then you will be given another 30 days to respond to it.

It's your choice whether to react with an offer now or do a little more research to see if you can increase your negotiating power.

Di
                          Thanks for the info but I'm fairly confused as what steps to take next. Should I ignore it, should I pay the full amount... I really don't want to end up with a default!

Thanks for all your advice so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            If you have Lowell chasing you then it is likely you already have a Default - I'd check on your credit file and see when that happened.

Lowell normally look towards bringing court action so to avoid a CCJ you might want to make a settlement offer or installment plan with them, or investigate the account and see if you might have a defence to any Court claim.

Do you know much of the situation of this debt ? How much? How old ? Were you aware you owed it?
                            that ^^^ really need to know something about the debt you're being chased for to have any idea whether you want to be fighting it, collecting information or settling it...
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I canceled my sky tv and had no idea i still owed any money to sky until they sent me a letter which approx 15-16 months ago maybe a little longer.
                              I did call sky when they sent me the bill and told them I didn't feel I owed this but got nowhere so just forgot about it.

Around 2-3 months ago lowell sent a letter for the sky debt and ignored that not thinking anything of it. Now another letter from lowell turned up basicly saying I have not agreed to any repayments call us to arrange repayments on a plan that's affordable.

That's all there is too it really.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X