• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private Parking Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Private Parking Charge

This is what GoCompare have to say
    http://www.gocompare.com/van-insuran...-a-car-or-van/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

is this any good

Comment

As i am 100% sure i displayed my ticket the only thing they can say is a taxi is a commercial or a minivan but the word minivan is not on the sign it just says vans. Thats why i need to be sure taxi is not a commercial car some people say if its used for business or for making profit then its classed as commercial. And if Xtra Parking is dissolved do UKCPS have wright to issue PCN's.

Comment

Whether "car" or "van" here's another definition from HMRC (https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-man...anual/eim23110)

Section 115(1) Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 (ITEPA). This works by exception: every mechanically propelled road vehicle is a “car” unless it is
          • (i) a goods vehicle (a vehicle of a construction primarily suited for the conveyance of goods or burden of any description),
          • (ii) a motor cycle (as defined in Section 185 Road Traffic Act 1988),
          • (iii) an invalid carriage (also as defined in that Act), or
          • (iv) a vehicle of a type not commonly used as a private vehicle and unsuitable to be so used.

If the draughter uses terms which are ambiguous, that is their problem.
          they needed to define on the sign what they meant by a "van" and by "commercial vehicle"
          eg EC Council Directive 68/297, substituted by EC Council Directive 85/347 defines "commercial motor vehicle" as any motorised road vehicle, that by its type of construction and equipment is designed for, and capable of transporting, whether for payment or not: (1) more than nine persons, including the driver; (2) goods and "standard fuel tanks".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X