• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Asset Collection / LS - 16-10-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Asset Collection / LS - 16-10-2017

You can leave it off if you are unsure. Basically if you do not believe you ever entered into any agreement with Lending Stream you'd say denied, otherwise leave it out.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

many thanks.
      im going do it now and send it and will keep you all updated.
      should I include postal evidence and postal order as reference as well.

Comment

No that will come later on. Do you want to post up your draft before sending ? Just for a second pair of eyes over it...
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

In the Northampton County Court Business Centre
          Claim No: [xxxxxx]

[Asset Collections]
          Claimant
          And

[xxxxxxxxxx]
          Defendant
          DEFENCE

1. I received the claim [xxxxxxx] from the Northampton County Court dated on Date.

2. Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3. This claim is for a Loan agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with the Original Creditor (Lending Stream) for provision of credit.

5. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

6. The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

8. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from the Original Creditor (Lending Stream) to Claimant (Asset Collections). The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

9. It is denied that Original Creditor (Lending Stream) served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

10. On the Date(xxx), I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to the Claimant’s Solicitor. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment.
          11. Claimant’s Solicitor has not sent any of these documents to me.
          12. On the Date(xxx), I also sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Claimant pursuant to section [77 or 78] of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.
          13. The Claimant has failed to comply with [s77 (1) / s 78 (1)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of [s77 (4) / s 78 (6)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.
          14. I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), but they have declined by not responding to my letter.
          15. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4), where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.
          16. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.
          17. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

18. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.
          Statement of Truth
          The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.
          Signed ________________________________
          Dated ________________________________

Comment

Just couple minor amends for you xxx

( tried to do comment in orange and amends in red )

In the Northampton County Court Business Centre
            Claim No: [xxxxxx]

[Asset Collections]
            Claimant
            And

[xxxxxxxxxx]
            Defendant
            DEFENCE

1. I received the claim [xxxxxxx] from the Northampton County Court Business Centre dated xxxxxxx on [xx/xx/xxxx]

2. Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3. This claim appears to be for a Loan agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with the Original Creditor (Lending Stream) for provision of credit, however the Claimant's statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards their claim. just merged paras

5. The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim fail to state how the sum claimed has been calculated, the terms of any account or when the alleged agreement was entered into. can't see the POC on the thread to check if that is correct

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from the Original Creditor (Lending Stream) to Claimant (Asset Collections). does it give a date at all?? The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment. The Claimant is required to evidence they hold the legal right to bring this claim.

7. It is denied that Original Creditor (Lending Stream) served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

8. On the Date(xxx), I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to the Claimant’s Solicitor. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment.

9. The Claimant’s Solicitor has not sent any of these documents to me.

10. On the Date(xxx), I also sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Claimant pursuant to section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s 77 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 77 (4) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

12. I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), but they have failed to respond.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4), where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth
            The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.
            Signed ________________________________
            Dated ________________________________
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Nice one. just few questions.
              part 5: the doc sent to me from the county court stated that; does this mean this is how the sum was calculated? or should I just leave it as it is.

POC

Asset claim this amount in respect of an unpaid loan funded by LS. the defendant failed to abide by the Terms etc
              Asset purchased this debt from LS and subsequently sent NOA to the defendant to advise.
              The defendant has either failed to respond to the claimant or maintain a regular payment arrangement ,etc etc
              The claimant claims interest under s69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from xxxx2017 to xxxx2017 on the amount, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment of £x.

Comment

Hi

No that does not tell you how the debt was made up, you need to know exactly what the amount was, how much interest was charged, at what rate and for what period, were there any default charges, were there any other charges

Comment

Originally posted by DOS View Post
                  Nice one. just few questions.
                  part 5: the doc sent to me from the county court stated that; does this mean this is how the sum was calculated? or should I just leave it as it is.

POC

Asset claim this amount in respect of an unpaid loan funded by LS. the defendant failed to abide by the Terms etc
                  Asset purchased this debt from LS and subsequently sent NOA to the defendant to advise.
                  The defendant has either failed to respond to the claimant or maintain a regular payment arrangement ,etc etc
                  The claimant claims interest under s69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from xxxx2017 to xxxx2017 on the amount, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment of £x.
                  Nope it tells you pretty much sod all in there... an unpaid loan funded by LS - doesn't even say the original creditor was LS really, doesn't say when, what, how or how much ... and also only says a NOA was sent by Asset, not by the original creditor - they will need to show the OC sent a NOA.

I reckon the amendments on the defence are fine
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

many thanks.
                    Part 6. No date was provided to inform me when the debt was assigned. so I have amended it to be it that order.

if that is it, I am ok to fill in all personal information and send to MCOL.

Comment

I reckon so ... [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] ??
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                        Hi

No that does not tell you how the debt was made up, you need to know exactly what the amount was, how much interest was charged, at what rate and for what period, were there any default charges, were there any other charges
                        Just a quick question warwick.

If they do not provide that information is it likely that they will be granted a CCJ if all other evidence goes in the claimants favour?

Comment

If you challenge it they will need to evidence that the amounts are correct and calculated according to the terms of the contract, so challenge it.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

All looks OK to me

And wot she says about arguing the point. Helps if you can find the legislation

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              - they will need to show the OC sent a NOA.
                              Is that right?,

Something in the back of my mind seems to say you only need to be told it's been assigned and not who needs to tell you.

Obviously the DOA needs both parties details on it.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                                Is that right?,

Something in the back of my mind seems to say you only need to be told it's been assigned and not who needs to tell you.

Obviously the DOA needs both parties details on it.
                                s136 LOP ? or not? although generally in consumer credit the assignor gives the assignee permission to write on behalf of the assignor, but it still needs to come from the assignor ( even if the assignee writes in, prints it on assignor paper and posts it themselves - doesn't seem right to me as any old sod could do that but there we are - that's why the deed of assignment is required if there's any doubt over actuality of the assignment IMO ) CONC 6.5 says assignee need to send notice ( takes over 82a of CCA I think ) so I'm probably thinking evidentially rather than legislation tbh.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X