• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tm legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tm legal

Ok - so they applied to court to enforce/vary due to the missed payment, but you defended their application and they were forced to admit it was their muck up, you’d paid on time, and they withdrew... so shouldn’t affect anything now as the original judgement still stands.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes thanks this was before tm legal
      I will try Northampton court number again

Comment

I can not believe. I have managed to actually get through to Northampton county court but can not answer any queries as now dealt with my local court which are now not answering
        Can I ask what you suggest I ask them?

Comment

Okay local courts tend to shut at 4 ... and worse answering their phones than Northampton grrrrrrr ..... yes it will be at last cal court as it’s been through that precious application.

You want to ask them whether there has been an application made for a warrant of control or to vary the judgment. Then you know if TM are actually trying something or talking out their bottoms to try and intimidate you. If there is an application tell them you haven’t had a copy and see if they can send / email you. If not it’ll be a case going back to TM.

Seems like TM Legal are managing the ccj for Asset rather than have taken it over - but you can still ask if the judgment holder is still showing as Asset.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks I will update but much appreciated

Comment

Update
              Contacted county court who said assett collections still own debt but they are aware tm legal acting for them in number of cases now
              They have had no notice of any applications of anything since last year o my account
              when assets made a mistake as I said before of issuing a default when I had not and withdrew that case with no explanation and paid the fees
              The gentleman advised me to contact tm legal again
              I'm at a loss do I continue to pay assets? Who still cash my cheques and do I fill in a new financial tm are asking or is this there way of a ploy to make myself pay more which I can not

Comment

Originally posted by lin66 View Post
                Update
                Contacted county court who said assett collections still own debt but they are aware tm legal acting for them in number of cases now
                They have had no notice of any applications of anything since last year o my account
                when assets made a mistake as I said before of issuing a default when I had not and withdrew that case with no explanation and paid the fees
                I'm at a loss do I continue to pay assets? Who still cash my cheques and do I fill in a new financial tm are asking or is this there way of a ploy to make myself pay more which I can not
                Hi, If asset is taking payment I would keep paying them.
                TM do not " own" the CCJ and are acting only as an agent it seems. Only the claimant named on the judgment can take further action.

nem

Comment

Update
                  That's great So you know TM are just trying to worry you. You keep paying the £5 to the judgment holder ( Asset ) as per the order, keep records in case of any shenanigans, and personally, I'd be inclined to ignore TM from here. No need to complete TM's IE sheet - they have no right to ask you for it, the court have assessed your circumstances and set an affordable figure, and you are paying it without issue - so carry on. If they want to change it they must apply to court.

Would you feel better replying to TM to tell them to bugger off than just ignoring them and filing their letters away ? If you send me their last letter to you can give you an idea what to respond with.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you I will continue to pay assets I'm just annoyed I can get these letters
                    Without this site I easily would have got more distressed which I believe that what's they want
                    Should I ignore tm until any vary applications? Come through!?

And is their any body I can complain to about these companies as they do not answer emails if you give them your number they continuously and I mean 50 times a day telephone you
                    I think they are same company and hope my case helps with anyone else who may come up against these

Comment

Don't ring them or email them any more btw xxx

Yes they rely on people not understanding things and getting in a tizwas over these kinds of letters. We can reply and tell them what's what ( nicely ) and to stop contacting you as you consider it to be harrassment - should be a couple FCA rules we can quote at them too ( and if they persist after that we can make a complaint to FOS, and FCA ) We should also withdraw permission for them to contact you by email and phone and insist on letter via snail mail only, and you should use snail mail likewise to respond to them if needed. They get over familiar these bloody companies, once they sense they have stressed you out they will try to keep pushing till you cave and complete their forms/make a higher offer, so lets let them know you won't be walked over !
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for all your help
                        I have a. Appointment with my local cab who helped with this company assets last year and wiped the floor with them
                        No apologies that it was their error last year and had court papers done
                        Court even told me today that no explanation why they withdrew their case but paid he fees so I told him they did not do their job properly and accused me of default
                        I'm sure cab will love talking to this company again!!!
                        I will tell them of the harassment and say I want someone to answer how they can do this
                        I will update
                        Thanks again

Comment

Update
                          I think that their behaviour in this matter is absoulutley disgusting and I would be inclined to think that it is a ploy to extract more money from you.

I not sure of the full amount owed on the judgement, but even if it is only a modest amount, say £300 it would take 5 years to repay and it seems like they are not happy with that.

I would write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Both Asset collections & Investigations And TM Legal services ltd F.A.O....

Kirsty Callaghan Compliance Director
                          Asset Collections & Investigations
                          20-22 Wenlock Road
                          London N1 7GU

email: KCallaghan@reconnect.uk.com

Mrs Tracy Ann Appleby Mollart ( she has significant control of the company 75% shares)
                          28 Eaton Avenue
                          Matrix office Park
                          Buckshaw village
                          Chorley
                          Lancashire Pr7 7NA

Comment

Thank you I will

Comment

I owe 437 pound now but that is a lot to myself unfortunately a bad divorce left myself with many debts but it is only these Companies I have had problems with
                              Hope my case a d brilliant advice helps with any others who start getting letters from tm legal ref assett. Collections
                              If I had started paying tm I believe I would get into default with assets which I believe they were trying to do and hopefully the cab will make them aware
                              Assets I gave all they needed for data protection and they still refused to dicuss with me
                              Disgusting Companies who should be stopped!

Comment

I agree they are. They pay scant regard to CPR rules and attempt bully boy Tactics very similar to a previous company now dissolved called Mackenzie Hall. Unsurprising really though considering that one of their Directors has/ had links with Asset collections and Investigations.

Also both TM Legal and Asset collections are Intrinsically linked, As TM Legal services Have a Charge over Asset collections for both fixed and floating assets.

If you get 5 mins check out companies house web check service . Interestingly the majority of the Notice of assignments that Asset collections send out are dated 21st June 2016 which co-incide with the date that TM Legal services created the Charge over Asset collections.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X