• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Tesco Hithen Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN Tesco Hithen Green

I've received a reply to the letter i sent as advised. The reply says that the date of the incident was 0710/2017 and the notice was issued 14/10/2017 and they are therefore "incompliant" with the POFA 2014 schedule 4. It then ssay that if they have not been provided with a full name and address of the driver at the time of the contravention I will be liable for the parking charge notice of the vehicle.

Comment

There is so much that is wrong about that reply/rejection.
      Just goes to show how much due diligence they exercise.

& what the Dickens is 'incompliant' when it's at home?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The dictionary definition means to be "not compliant or pliable"!

Comment

Originally posted by spacebiscuit View Post
          The dictionary definition means to be "not compliant or pliable"!
          Yes.
          As one of my s̷m̷a̷r̷t̷a̷r̷ more knowledgeable colleagues, @des8 (morning, Des ), pointed out to me yesterday, it has been in use since 1647.
          Oliver Cromwell became Lieutenant General that year, & as every historian knows, went on to lose his shoe in the Battle of Waterloo.
          Some 168 years later.

It would appear that the word is used in the sense of 'unyielding', 'not malleable'.

Imho, the closest modern equivalent which could be substituted would be 'non compliant'.

& if the Notice to Keeper is non compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4, they can't hold the registered keeper liable. Possibly not the driver either.

So that's all right then.

(But as this is an IPC member, to be on the safe side keep keeping schtum about the driver's ID. It serves you best to be incompliant about this.)

Did the letter mention anything about an IAS appeal?
          Last edited by charitynjw; 6th November 2017, 06:51:AM.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

There was absolutely no mention or reference to the appeal in the reply I received....

Comment

IPC Code of Practice

6.2 If an appeal is unsuccessful then you must notify the appellant, at the sametime you reject their appeal, that they have the right to further appeal to theIAS and you must allow them a further 21 days to pay the charge or to exercisethis right of appeal. During this period, you may not add on any additional feesfor non-payment.
              https://theipc.info/uploads/-imXk-gE...une%202017.pdf
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Should I reply to point out the inaccuracies or ignore?

Comment

I've received another notice in the post today now asking for £100. The notice is the same the initial notice in terms of the details. There has been no response to my request for the details of the trade association appeals process.

Do I reply to point this out or should I make an appeal directly to the trade association.

Comment

Originally posted by spacebiscuit View Post
                    I've received another notice in the post today now asking for £100. The notice is the same the initial notice in terms of the details. There has been no response to my request for the details of the trade association appeals process.

Do I reply to point this out or should I make an appeal directly to the trade association.
                    Who is is being responsible, You or the trade association.
                    Simple really"

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
                      Simple really"
                      This is LB,it's a taken every one one else is at fault.

It's never LB's

Comment

To clarify, I've had no response from the company who issued the CPN, I asked them in my letter of reply for details of their trade association appeals process.

Comment

Simple really"
                          This is LB,it's a taken every one one else is at fault.

It's never LB's
                          Not sure what you're trying to say, Spirit.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Me neither, I was just looking for some advice regarding my next move.

Thanks.

Comment

On balance I think I would write & say that it is unclear from their previous letter whether or not it is a final rejection.

Please send confirmation either way, & they are in fact rejecting your appeal, please send details of any independent appeals process plus the deadline for using that service.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Do I have anything to lose but lodging starting an appeal attheias.org? The website address is listed on the back of the NtK, however if I enter the PCN No. and the car registration to start the appeal I get the following error:

"PCN or Registration Number has not been recognised".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X