• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global - attachment of earnings order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global - attachment of earnings order

Hello all,
    I have received an attachement of earnings order from Shoosmiths LLP, and it's really worried me.

The debt is for £609.00 going back around 12 years ago.

It states, 'Failure to return the reply form and the statement of mean is a punishable offence. It will result in your employer being contacted and you may be sent to prison for up to 14 days'

What?

I cannot for the life of me remember what this debt is for.

Any advise would be great, TIA.
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global - attachment of earnings order

post that letter up minus personal details

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. How do I post up an image?
      I've saved it, but it's asking me for a URL!

Comment

I suspect you are in Scotland? It sounds as if an undefended decree has been granted against you. There may be a way to challenge this but you would need to contact for further advice and do so quickely

Comment

Originally posted by Venlicon View Post
          Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. How do I post up an image?
          I've saved it, but it's asking me for a URL!
          Click ''Go Advanced'' at the bottom of the reply box then click the paperclip icon.

Comment

Hope this works!
            Attached Files

Comment

I am not legally trained, but if I received something like this through the post my first reaction would be to write to Arrow Global and asked what the debt is for. This should be done in a form of a CCA request. Send a copy of your correspondence to Shoosmiths.

The fact that the debt is 12 years old and you don't have any idea what it is, is most odd. Perhaps someone is chancing their arm that you will pay up and they get their Christmas bonus!

Surely if it was an undefended decree then you would have remembered receiving court documents as some point??
              Last edited by Ruby; 23rd October 2017, 19:14:PM.

Comment

Am I right in thinking that Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd are not registered with FCA and are therefore not permitted to be a creditor as such? If so how do they bypass the rules and gain judgement?

Comment

Am I right in thinking that Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd are not registered with FCA and are therefore not permitted to be a creditor as such

I have heard the same.

If so how do they bypass the rules and gain judgement

Beats me!!

Comment

Hi again, sorry for my delay, work has been manic!
                    I've done a credit check on myself and there is a CCJ against my name. I assume this is for the same debt, but I cannot for the life of me remember it!
                    Can anyone advise what I would need to do next?
                    TIA

Comment

Have I read this right , £609

I ask because it is a relatively small sum and one that may not be economically viable to use a solicitor for although no harm in getting free advice.

Are you in Scotland?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X