• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey - Changes to accounts from 1st October

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey - Changes to accounts from 1st October

Notification received today.

From 1st October, if you exceed your authorised overdraft you will be charged the Instant overdraft rate of 28.7% on the whole of the overdrawn balance.

Re: Abbey - Changes to accounts from 1st October

Have you got a scan of this? What else has changed?

I am presuming that they mean, anything over your agreed overdraft limit is classed as overdrawn.

Have you got the rest of the info so it can be read in context

Cheers, PKea

Comment

Exact wording on Bank statement;

Changes to your account from 1st October 2008

We are changing the way Instant
      Overdraft interest is charged to your
      account.
      From 1st October 2008, if you
      exceed your Advance Overdraft limit,
      interest will be charged on the whole
      of your overdrawn balance at the
      Instant Overdraft interest rate of
      28.7% EAR (variable).

I took this to mean the total overdraft. At present the preferred rate for agreed overdrafts (minimum deposit £1000.00 a month) is 12.9% EAR (variable).

Comment

Could someone start a campaign so banks cannot allow people too go over their authorized overdraft.
        If you ask me banks are getting money for old rope!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Ahhh haaa!! A new and previously unseen species of the lesser spotted cloaked penalty.

I suspect this will become more common somehow.

Totally unfair. If I have a 2k overdraft and go £12 overdrawn....I would now be charged 29.9% on £2012 until I can get my balance under £2000 again. Thats a whole lot of extra interest.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by julesbon70 View Post
            Could someone start a campaign so banks cannot allow people too go over their authorized overdraft.
            If you ask me banks are getting money for old rope!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
            Hi Julesbon

The easiest way to do that is to open a basic account that has no overdraft facility etc. , alternatively open a post office account.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Blimey thats a pretty big change.

On Cel's example thats £1.64 a day interest while unauthorised overdraft as opposed to about 70p a day. Much better than charges - but they are still doing those too. So pretty skanky IMO.
              Last edited by Amethyst; 25th August 2008, 09:24:AM.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X