• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Euro Car Parks PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Car Parks PCN

Hi

Just received a PCN from Euro Car Parks in the wife's name (registered keeper) however she was not the driver at the time. Its still within the 14 days period of discount. Basically the driver entered the car park and dropped passenger off, waited for a space to clear which never happened, by this time the passenger had returned (40 minutes later).

Stupid I know, but it is what it is. I was wondering if there was a possibility of having this PCN revoked. Redacted version attached of letter received attached.

https://imgur.com/a/Kwbp4
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Euro Car Parks PCN

Hi & welcome to LB.

There doesn't seem to be much wrong with the Notice to Keeper; it looks pretty compliant.

Do you have any pics of the site signage?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi & welcome to LB.

There doesn't seem to be much wrong with the Notice to Keeper; it looks pretty compliant.

Do you have any pics of the site signage?
      Hi

thank you for your reply. I dont I'm afraid. It's just come in the post

Comment

The signage is important in that it is what the alleged 'contract' is based on.

There is also a glimmer of hope re the NtK.
        It refers to a period of 'stay' in the car park, not a period of parking.
        If you state that the driver was driving around/waiting for an available space as the car park was full, that is not parking.
        I shouldn't think the parking co would accept this....so, if it were me, I would not give them precise details.
        I'd just write & reject their NtK as being non compliant with Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4; let them puzzle it out & decide whether to accept it (unlikely) or to reject your rejection & inform you of the POPLA appeal process + POPLA code for your appeal.
        Do not ID the driver, though.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X