• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tenant needs help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant needs help

I have lived in this property for about 8 years. The landlord increased the rent last year and it was almost unaffordable but I forged on with the payment, In the course of the year I had huge financial problems and owed rent, however before the contract year ended I paid up all my arrears. Landlord now has served me S21, in the new contract year, but I sincerely don't have the means to move out. I have a toddler, started a new job, which I am just settling into and I would need a whole year to settle to move out. The 2 months served is up already. I have spoken with the landlord that, it is not feasible at the moment, but he wants to take me to court and have had someone from the estate agent threaten me with court proceedings and that it may ruin my credit status. What can I do to live in this property for another year so that I can save up, search well and find a place for myself and my kid.
    Tags: None

Re: Tenant needs help

Hi

Theres not alot you can do other than explain to the judge when the case if brought. Being there 8 years and having no arrares at the time of the court action, usualy meens the judge will conmsider giveing you longer than normal, but that usualy meens a month or so.

Why does the LL want the property back, is he selling ?
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Re: Tenant needs help

No, my best bet is increase the rent yet again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X