• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor Letter

Hello

I am new to the site and I hope someone can advise me, so that I can advise me neighbour.

She is an elderly lady of 87 years old and not in the best of health (actually quite ill). Today she has come around very much distressed after receiving a recorded letter from a firm of solicitors.

She has shown me the letter and as given me permission to type this letter here as follows.

She is the only beneficiary of a will and has stated that it is subject of a caveat in place where the executors are dealing with the matter.

Now this letter has come from the solicitors who have the caveat in place and although she has mentioned that she has had no dealing with any solicitors herself in this matter this letter that has come to her is stating that in a final attempt to resolve this matter without the need for court intervention and propose mediation on the matter.
    That they require written confirmation from her or your instructed solicitors confirming that you are or are not agreeable to attending mediation in order to resolve the matter.
    We place you on formal notice that should our office not receive a response from you by 4pm on the 23rd October then we are instructed by our client to issue proceedings against her without any further correspondences being sent to you from this office.
    We reserve the right to place this correspondence before the Judge when the issue of costs is being determined demonstrating your unwillingness to engage in communications and alternative dispute resolution which is likely to have a negative impact on costs against you.
    We would suggest that you take independent legal advice on the content of this correspondence and the implicaitons and ramifications of the same.
    So as mentioned at the beginning of this letter she has had no dealings whatsoever with any solicitors or any dealings about the will. As the executors are dealing with this as an ongoing case.
    So can someone advise what is her best course of action.

I think the timescale is bizzar

Greymatter
    Tags: None

Re: Solicitor Letter

tagging [MENTION=85500]Peridot[/MENTION]
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Re: Solicitor Letter

Hi greymatter,
      I have been on jury service so not been around I'm afraid, hence the delay in responding.
      From the post I am a little confused. Did the lady know of this will and that she was the sole beneficiary? Does she know who has placed the caveat?
      I assume that the executors are the solicitors?
      Mediation is always a good option but it is of course necessary to know exactly what the matter is about. There are a lot of questions here and very little information that has been provided. Has the lady contacted the solicitors to ask what is going on?
      Noting the date by which she had to reply by, this has of course now passed. I would suggest she contacts the solicitors if she hasn't already to find out some further information.
      Sorry we can't be more helpful on the information we have currently.
      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X