• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA Mucking me around over SAR - Need Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA Mucking me around over SAR - Need Advice

Furious with MBNA. I sent them an SAR along with £10 cheque on the 6th October. I've just phoned them and they said they were not sure what I was asking for and have destroyed the cheque. I told them in the letter I put data protection act 1998 subject access request and listed what I wanted. I turned round and said someone doesn't read letters properly. I think MBNA are mucking me about!! What do I do now as I need the information!?

I'm very angry and don't know why they are not cooperating - maybe they don't have the information I am asking for which is copy of original credit agreement, copy of termination notice, copy of default notice.
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA Mucking me around over SAR - Need Advice

Odd as I did the same and received a wad of papers from them?

Did you photocopy the cheque and letter prior to sending? If so resend.
    Guessing not then I'm thinking you may have to resend with fresh cheque, you could ask your bank to recall the original cheque or at least inform them that the cheque is missing assumed destroyed in case it isn't and gets presented at a later date as a payment on the account.
    Did you send it recorded delivery (signed for)?

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
      Odd as I did the same and received a wad of papers from them?

Did you photocopy the cheque and letter prior to sending? If so resend.
      Guessing not then I'm thinking you may have to resend with fresh cheque, you could ask your bank to recall the original cheque or at least inform them that the cheque is missing assumed destroyed in case it isn't and gets presented at a later date as a payment on the account.
      Did you send it recorded delivery (signed for)?
      I obtain a postage reveipt as proof of posting.

I have got the stub in my cheque book for when the cheque was sent etc.

Its odd they are muking me around!?

I clearly listed under DPA1998 SAR and said what I wanted.

Why are they being awkward with me for!?

Comment

Did you use the template letter from this site?

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
          Did you use the template letter from this site?
          No, I did my own.

I put DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST in the headig.

I then quoted what documents I wantedi.e copy of original credit agreement, termination notice, default notice, etc.

Stated I enclosed £10 cheque for the fee.

Said I understand under rules its to supply a response within 40 days.

They have written back saying they destroyed cheque, didn't know what I was asking for was it an SAR!!!!!??

Can't make it up can you!?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X