• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston and HCE Group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston and HCE Group?

Hi, i have a question and if someone could help i would be most grateful. I have a uk business (TR Ltd) and i also have another business in Senegal (S W A SARL). My business partner shipped some goods out using my UK company credentials when they should have been sent out from Senegal Company credentials. To cut a long story short the debt has risen from 2k to 4.5k. We are waiting for a contract to pay with several thousand that will be able to settle this debt. However i have had Marston bailiffs send letters and ultimately turn up at my place of work to start removal of goods. My office is located inside a warehouse which i rent for a nominal weekly amount and i do business with the actual owners of the building (C Supplies Ltd). Anyway after one visit i was then called the following week with the threat of a locksmith and bailiff were coming to office to remove goods. At this point i need to make clear that there is no stock as i work as an agent and just a computer that i own and desk and chair in the office. I was away on business but was told that no one turned up, i was expecting them the next day but again no show. This was over 3 weeks ago and last Friday i got a call from HCE group saying that they were now instigating further action to take my goods . Can they legally enter a building and an office which does not belong to me and are they allowed to start changing locks on doors that belong to C Supplies Ltd? Or do they have no jurisdiction and have sold the debt on? Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Marston and HCE Group?

Somewhere along the line either you or your company has a CCJ against them. I assume it is for more than £600 and has now been transferred to the High Court for Enforcement. The difficulty is trying to work out who is doing what as both Marston & HCE are Enforcement Co's who also do debt collecting but both usually use generic letterheading to make it look as if they have more power than they think they have.

Before and Enforcemnt Co attends you should have had a Notice of Enforcement giving you a period of time to either pay in full or make an arrangement to pay. This letter should give a date whereby it must be complied with otherwise it will be put out for a visit by an Enforcement Agent(s). Have you had such a letter and if so from which one. As it is a business premises then they do have the right to force entry if they believe there may be goods that can be seized to satisfy the debt. They may only seize the goods of the debtor but if there are goods belonging to a 3rd party then these can still be seized pending proof of ownership.

As you are finding out the fees are starting to spiral and this depends upon what stage you have presently got to.

Comment

Re: Marston and HCE Group?

I have received letter from Marston, but now HCE have started phoning. They have attended the premises once in the very early stages and they were told that i rent a desk and a phone . The writ is in the company name and i am unsure if they think there is any chance of recovering anything of value as there is only my desk and a couple of computers, one of which is mine and the other was lent to me from the people who own the premises?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X