• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

miss sold car help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miss sold car help

On the date of 30.09.2017 I visited the Chapel House Dealer, 603 Liverpool Road, Ainsdale, PR8 3NG and inquired about buying a BMW 3 Series. The sales manager Colin helped me and he found a BMW 316 2.0 litre that he could source by Saturday 07.10.2017 for me to see it and test-drive and if I liked the car I would go ahead with the buying procedure. I will mention now that at the time he gave me couple of papers to sign that I wasn't even aware about what are they for, being lead to believe it was something written down like a commitment confirming with me to come next Saturday too see the car or information for a credit check to be performed if my decision (on seeing the car) was yes.He asked me for £100.00 deposit in advance as well which i paid with my card. promising me that if I did not want the car, Chapel House would not hold my deposit.

He explained to me that the car cost £11484 and i will pay £3000.00 deposit in advance so that it will be £8484 to pay and will pay £204.74/month for the next 3 and half years.

He did not say anything about me having to pay any extras at the end of the contract and he did not say anything about the full value of the car. The only piece of paper that I received at the time its a yellow receipt that it says I've payd £100.00 pounds to chapel house. No copies of what I signed were passed to me which seemed weird to me at the time.Also I WAS NOT properly informed in detail of what i signed and I choose to trust the sales person.

Big mistake!!! as I've come today 8.10.2017 to explain myself that I can no longer buy the car and i will like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience created.To my utter surprise I've just found out from the paper that I've been given to read today 8.10.2017 that the car cost alot more than has been communicated previously.The Sale Executive should have provided copies for me off all the documents at that time and he should have informed me in detail about the full cost of the car and that I would need to pay a final inflated cost £5197.42

From the documents I see in the front of me now which provided from the dealership AFTER THE EVENT, ON MY SECOND VISIT, the only papers that I have signed is the Conditional Sales Agreement Regulated By The Consumer Act 1974 and a Personal Contract Purchase APR -CARS 48MTH.

I will mention now that both papers that I have signed, have not been dated at all, which makes them invalid anyway and again I wasn't aware about the fact you were applying for the money now, without my consent especially when I have not seen or test driven the car, in order to give a definite yes or no.I only thought you were performing a credit check on me and if it was successful then you would inform me and seek my approval to apply for the money after seeing the car and accepting it.

The guy Colin he showed me a random picture of a model of the car in the first place when I came in first time, so how can you sell me something that I have not even seen or tested in the first place and further, and how can you take the money for it without my consent? I feel that I have been badly informed and as a result been miss sold this car. I was not even aware that I had agreed to purchase it as I have explained in great detail above. Now I feel that I am being forced to accept this car whether i want it or not.

This is the letter that i wrote to the manager from chapel house aswell and afterwards discuss with him about it. He says the fact i sign those paper is nothing they can do, they applied for the credit it has been received and now this is the car they bought it for me ... i refused to see the car as i don't want it anymore , I've called financial ombudsman and they said to call the bank and make a complain which i did a week ago , they recorded the complain and I've got a reference number.Now Santander are saying it will take up to 8 weeks to investigate and in this time i will have to pay them the sum that have been agreed in the monthly contract 204.74 until the investigation will finish and they advised me to dont cancel the direct debit with them until they will come to a result.

This is transforming into a nightmare , i dont know what to do please help
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X