• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ao.com/Hotpoint Tumble dryer (Result..)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ao.com/Hotpoint Tumble dryer (Result..)

Hi all, we bought a hotpoint heater condenser tumble dryer in April 2017.
    All was fine for a few months, until September. We were arriving home at roughly the same time with a wet kitchen floor. Plumber was called as we thought we had a leak somewhere. Nothing found. (plumber was a friend so little charge involved). After investigating, my wife emailed ao.com whom we had originally purchased the machine from. So i decided last week that enough was enough. I emailed both hotpoint and ao.com, plus called both. Engineer arrived on Wednesday, changed the pump, left and lo and behold it was leaking again. All from the base of the machine. I called Hotpoint again, engineer ordered a part remotely (?. Had an email later on Wednesday stating that the part was no longer available..(10 year parts guarantee with machine....). So i was perplexed to.1. why the engineer could diagnose a fault and order the part without once again having a look at the machine, 2. the part was no longer available (according to hotpoint) when the machine was manufactured in feb 2017 (the engineer told me the date of manufacture). SO as an engineer myself, logged on to hotpoint, I could order the part for next day at £14.99 plus postage! By now, I was getting pretty peeved....(mildly).

Hotpoint called me on Thursday of last week so offer an exchange (like for like). Initially I agreed as my wife was out at work. Upon her return, she said best to get a different machine, an upgrade that was offered to us for £50. I duly paid and sorted out delivery dates (Wed 18th October 2017).

Feeling aggrieved, I emailed the CEO of the group (hotpoint/whirlpool/indesit). On friday, I received a call and was offered the reimbursement of £50 plus £10 towards our telephone bill, ao.com have been very difficult to deal with and only kept putting us straight through to Hotpoint. This morning, ao.com have offered us a £25 voucher towards the cost of a dishwasher as long as it is above £299. Bit of a cheek I thought but at least we have a free upgraded Tumble dryer. I did mention the fact that I am a member of this website and I think thats what swung it for me. It took me 2 days more or less to sort this out, a machine that leaks after a few months is not fit for purpose. Simple really. So even with little matters or large matters, it does help to mention this forum...
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X