• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ford Grand Cmax issues, finance rejection?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Grand Cmax issues, finance rejection?

Hi All,

Very very sorry for the long post but there's so much to this

I purchased a ford grande CMax (2011 plate) back in December 2016.

It went back in 7 days after purchasing it for issues with the radio (Bluetooth), headlamp washers, Temperature gauge, Rattling back doors for 2 weeks over xmas.

The only issues they have fixed is the doors and the headlamp washer. The bluetooth is still crackly and also the temp gauge is playing up again (only noticed due to the cold weather) These issues have fallen on deaf ears and i have since given up. The ACM (Audio control module) was replaced due to it blowing up! however its not working properly still.

In January it went back in for an Engine Malfunction Service Now indicator and the PCM software was update due to internal control module monitoring processor performace fault code. If the fault reoccurs replace pcm. The fault reoccured but was never there when i took it back in!

It then went back in on the 31st of March because of issues with the Keyless ignition system, the car would periodically not recognise the key meaning it would not start. I then opened a not fit for purpose claim with my finance company which went on for 9 weeks with an independent assessment from them and also the financial ombudsman got involved. It was then closed but the ombudsman as "Fit for purpose" with a £150 loss enjoyment payment paid out. The car came out of the garage with a puncture which took 4 weeks to get paid back to me! 2 days after collecting the car the car wouldn't unlock and then when i got in wouldn't start. The key was replaced and it has played up once since this happened.

Wednesday 4/10/17 the vehicle was recovered to the garage due to a serious misfire (It's a diesel so not really a misfire but you get the idea)
    also this youtu.be/DL-ZY8GatBA happened so that was great. You can see by the video how much my phone is wobbling which is due to the misfire.

The garage told me "We are unsure as to what's causing the misfire and are still investigating". For 3 Days and then replaced all 4 injectors as they where "Performing out of spec" I collected the car 13/10/17 (Have already rejected it with finance company) I left it at home as i have already rejected it. My dad jumped in to move it to a safer parking space on 14/10/17 and also so it wasn't blocking his garage. Parking is terrible at home! The management light came on not 24 hours after collecting it!
    I did the dashboard trick and got Code: U0001 which google tells me is - Code: U0001 - High Speed CAN Communication Bus and tends to be to do with the PCM and would cause the MIL to come on? A bunch of other codes came up relating to Invalid data received from ABS, Lost comms with SASM and many other lost communication errors.

Took the car straight back to Ford, when coming out to check the car the light was off however they said they will still take a look.
    I will not be authorising any repairs but would like them to tell me what's wrong (Car's still got warranty so we are covered for the inspection!)

I want the finance written off and the car to be returned the dealer as this is not the first time its been in. It needs to go.

What grounds do i have? This vehicle is not fit for purpose! I have got some free legal advice and it has been passed to the claims department to see if my house insurance will cover the costs.
    I will call tomorrow to inform them of the management light and also the finance company.
    Car was rejected 1 week ago tomorrow and i gave them 14 days to respond. Nothing yet, not even acknowledgement.

Please help! What are my options? Very sorry for the long post.

Many Thanks
    Jon.
    Tags: None

Re: Ford Grand Cmax issues, finance rejection?

Hi and welcome.

Can you add up the amount of time the vehicle has been with the dealers for repair?
    What was the source of your legal advice, and what was that advice?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi and welcome.

Can you add up the amount of time the vehicle has been with the dealers for repair?
      What was the source of your legal advice, and what was that advice?
      Hi Many thanks for your response

In total is it just under 3 months for total time at the garage

The legal advise was sought via Citizens advice and also Via my house insurance as they offer free legal advice.
      But will not cover legal costs for and contract concerning a motor vehicle

Comment

Wait to see what the response your rejection generates.

Basically you have 6 years in which to reject the vehicle.
        If a fault is discovered in the first 30 days after purchase, if you can show it was there at time of purchase you can either reject the vehicle and have a full refund, or you can allow the trader one attempt at repair. If that fails you can then reject the vehicle. The time the vehicle is with the repairers does not count towards the first thirty days.
        If a fault is discovered in the next five months the vehicle can be rejected. It is assumed the fault was present when purchased. Refund can be reduced for usage.
        Next 5.5 years vehicle can be rejected but you would have to prove fault was present when purchased. Deductions for usage from refund.

It seems that the current misfire problem has occurred outside the 6 month time limit, even taking into account the time spent in the garage, so you would need to prove the fault was present when purchasing the vehicle.

However you still have problems with the radio and temperature gauge which were present at purchase.

What wording did you use when rejecting the vehicle?

Comment

Wait to see what the response your rejection generates.

Basically you have 6 years in which to reject the vehicle.
          If a fault is discovered in the first 30 days after purchase, if you can show it was there at time of purchase you can either reject the vehicle and have a full refund, or you can allow the trader one attempt at repair. If that fails you can then reject the vehicle. The time the vehicle is with the repairers does not count towards the first thirty days.
          If a fault is discovered in the next five months the vehicle can be rejected. It is assumed the fault was present when purchased. Refund can be reduced for usage.
          Next 5.5 years vehicle can be rejected but you would have to prove fault was present when purchased. Deductions for usage from refund.

It seems that the current misfire problem has occurred outside the 6 month time limit, even taking into account the time spent in the garage, so you would need to prove the fault was present when purchasing the vehicle.

However you still have problems with the radio and temperature gauge which were present at purchase.

What wording did you use when rejecting the vehicle?

I chased up finance company today to chase and after a week it has been passed to another case handler!!!
          I understand around the facts of the 6 month thing.

I have also had the Engine malfunction indication come up, in that video it is there, it was there in January 2 weeks into my ownership (stopping the clock with the time it was in the garage over xmas) Saturday it came up and had the management light on. So Surely this is a consistent issue that keeps appearing?

Redacted rejection letter attached.

I understand after the 14 days so 23rd i can send a letter before action?
          I opened a not fit for purpose claim in on the 31st of august which was rejected as the car was deemed fit for purpose with an assessment taken place for an intermittent problem with they keyless ignition!

This time i am willing to put up more of a fight

Thank you!
          Attached Files

Comment

7 days to go!!

As I haven't got WORD on this computer (mine has crashed irremedially!) I'll ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] (please pretty) to transfer your attachment to PDF or whatever.

Comment

Should i send the letter before action on the 23rd?
              I have attached a PDF copy for you

If you download a program called open office it's free and works just like Word! Work in computer repairs so should keep you going!

Thanks
              Jon
              Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't send immediately... give a few days grace.

Thanks for PDF. (I'll read later.). I actually use Libre Office normally, but laptop I'm on at moment ain't mine

Comment

I wouldn't send immediately... give a few days grace.

Thanks for PDF. (I'll read later.). I actually use Libre Office normally, but laptop I'm on at moment ain't mine
                  Not a problem i'll send it a few days later Just incase!

No bother thanks for looking and let me know what you thing.
                  I nabbed it as a template from a person who had the same outcome i want so i thought it might give me the best chance!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X