• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW legal is it legal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW legal is it legal?

Hi! I elgedly parked where I shouldnt in John Lenon Airport and ”got” an invoice from VCS in June. Problem is this letter never got to me, honestly I never recieved it. I just received the one from BW legal threatening County Court proceedings. I read mixed opinions on this issue. I also have mixed feelings abt it, as to be totally honest it was wrong spot to park, but lastet a total of 2 minutes at 10pm, but I am not sure it was 160 pounds worth of wrong! The question I am trying to make is...if I argue that I never received the first letter, and I honestly didnt, do you think is there any chance to go back to the fine before the legal costs? Is there any precedent for this? Whats the best way to deal w. this?

Thanks a million,
    Lola Pampola!
    Tags: None

Re: BW legal is it legal?

Hi & welcome to LB.

I must confess that I haven't the foggiest about the latest situation with JL Airport.

It is a very complicated situation which has been rumbling on for ages......disputes re byelaws, planning permission & all sorts.

I believe that the PePiPoo folks are very involved with it all, so it might pay you to pay them a visit.
    This link is the start of quite a long thread on it -
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109259

Maybe @ostell can advise? (This will give ostell a nudge)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: BW legal is it legal?

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Refer to "The Driver" etc

Does the letter tell you where to send the payment? Could this be a DRPLUS address? This may not be a BW legal letter.

You've probably got the BW legal letter because you didn't reply to the first letter and they are looking for a default win. You cannot have received a NTK within the 14 days so there can be no keeper liability so write to them as the keeper saying that there is no keeper liability because of no NTK and there can also be no keeper liability as byelaws are in place so this is not relevant land for the purpose of POFA liability.

Pepipoo have a fighting fund for when VCS take someone to court at JLA, though they wouldn't like to as the money spinning could collapse around their ears.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X