• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - V5 Doc process /

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination - V5 Doc process /

Having just initiated the VT process using the quality advice and template letter available on this forum (thanks) I was wondering what the process would be with the V5 doc when the finance company representative comes to collect the car ?

Normally the owner would give part 2 of the V5 doc to the new owner and then send the rest of the V5 doc to the DVLA which would include the signature of the owner and then the details of the new owner plus their signature.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination - V5 Doc process /

Originally posted by Rossifume View Post
    Having just initiated the VT process using the quality advice and template letter available on this forum (thanks) I was wondering what the process would be with the V5 doc when the finance company representative comes to collect the car ?

Normally the owner would give part 2 of the V5 doc to the new owner and then send the rest of the V5 doc to the DVLA which would include the signature of the owner and then the details of the new owner plus their signature.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks
    Send it off, or notify the DVLA online by going to https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

I usually opt for the latter so there's proof as you get notified.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Get a proof of posting free from the post office

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        Send it off, or notify the DVLA online by going to https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

I usually opt for the latter so there's proof as you get notified.

Thanks Rob - so do I put the name of the new owner as being the company that the PCP finance agreement is with ? And would I give the person who picks up the car the part 2 that you give normally to the new owner before sending the main part of the V5 to the DVLA ? I need to notify the DVLA as to who the new owner is, by either post or online.

Thanks

Comment

If you do it online, you don't need to fill out the V5 just hand them a copy of the confirmation that you receive from the DVLA.

The name of the registered keeper should be the name of the lender under the PCP agreement.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
            If you do it online, you don't need to fill out the V5 just hand them a copy of the confirmation that you receive from the DVLA.

The name of the registered keeper should be the name of the lender under the PCP agreement.
            Got it - thanks

Comment

Re: Voluntary Termination - Arrears Payment

clooney74

JoinedOct 2017Posts0Mentions0 Post(s)

Voluntarily Termination

Could you help me please. I’ve just sent a Voluntary Termination letter to my finance company to end my HP contract with them. I’m in arrears which I know I will have to pay but do I have to pay it all as Immediately or do I have a right to pay a bit each month, spread the arrears over 3 months?

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

Kind regards
              Craig Stowell

Comment

Also my insurance ran out and I didn’t want to renew because I am in the process of VT so I’ve had SORN the vehicle with the DVLA. I hope I have done this correct, I haven’t been driving it since the insurance ran out but I discovered that it still has to be insured even if it’s sat on my driveway and I’m not using it!

Comment

Hi Clooney

There are FCA rules in which lenders must give due consideration to those who are not able to afford the payment in one lump sum and should be reasonable in coming to an instalment plan.

If you sent your letter by post make sure you kept proof of postage, but in situations like this, it would be more beneficial to send an email to the lender's customer service email (if they have one) so that you have an electronic record and they can't deny it was every received.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks pal. I sent the letter recorded delivery so I no they have signed and received it this morning.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X