• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Husband and splitting up in France advice on taking child back to uk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband and splitting up in France advice on taking child back to uk?

Hi there, I moved to France with my husband and daughter to start a new life on 2nd September this year. He is now saying that he doesn't think our relationship is working out me that he ants to split up. He has said that he is ok if I take her back to the uk with me but I'm worried about any repercussions either at the airport or later if and when we divorce? Can anyone help?
    Tags: None

Re: Husband and splitting up in France advice on taking child back to uk?

There can be no problems at the airport as long as you and your daughter have valid passports and they are both with the same surname. If you are both UK citizens then there would be no problem in remaining and handling a divorce.

Comment

Ian hearing that they could stop me at the airport and ask for permission from my husband to leave. Also that in the future he could say that I 'kidnapped' her and he could get custody!

Comment

But if you are in France with UK passports you are returning to England there will not be a problem with the same surnames. How do the people looking at the passports know you have a husband? Certainly not, in my experience, at the border in France. We often travel with the granddaughter to and from France and have never been queried leaving France. Have been queried about the different names arriving in the UK but no problems. If your daughter is old enough to talk then even less of a problem.

Comment

You need to obtain permission of those with parental responsibility for a child before taking them abroad.
          In your case, though, you are not taking her abroad but returning home and there should be no problems.
          This assumes that you and your daughter are British citizens

Last edited by des8; 14th October 2017, 08:48:AM. Reason: crossed with O

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X