• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured loan charges question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secured loan charges question

Hypothetical situation that may come to pass.

I have secured loan. Loan company wants to add charges to the account for being in arrears. I am disputing the charges as it is their fault an arrangement was not set up.

The loan is almost paid off in full.

When the loan has been paid off if I refuse to pay the charges or those charges are still disputed are those charges 'secured' against my property or once all the credit has been paid back is the secured part of the account dealt with?

The reason this came about is during a phone call their agent stated if I refuse to pay the charges at the end of the loan I can still lose my house.
    Tags: None

Re: Secured loan charges question

The loan account is secured against your property until it is closed, they will apply the charges to that loan account and therefore refuse to close the account until they are paid. They would have to default the loan account and go through a lengthy process to reposes your home, but as the loan is secured they could do that.

I wouldn't wait for the charges to be applied if it was me, I would make a complaint in writing stating the reasons why they are at fault for the charges to their CEO and include that if they fail to satisfy the complaint you intend to escalate it to the Financial Ombudsman service to resolve.

Hopefully you can get it all resolved before they are even applied.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Re: Secured loan charges question

Can anyone out there offer me a crumb of comfort that I can get some help with this issue? We have a secured loan that we cannot afford to pay back. There is enough equity in our proper, so their course of action will be for us to sell the house. We borrowed 56k, and paid back 22k. They now say we owe 80k, due to missed payments and interest etc... Please help. We have both suffered mental issues due to the stress, and no one can help.

Comment

We also have A secured loan Skye Loans transferred from Blackhorse in June 2015 and they have added interest and charges on our account and are saying these are arrears due to missed payments which isnt the case. We cant remortgage our property because of this secured loan.Im so stressed with these people because we cant do anything.

Comment

1st try to get that paperwork and records and you can also shift your loan with another company all you have to do is Obtain a consenting letter from the existing bank along with the outstanding loan amount. Provide these documents to the new bank that you wish to transfer the housing loan balance. The new lender will then pay off the balance due to your old lender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X