• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP- Moriarty law / Motormile - Mr Lender PDL CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP- Moriarty law / Motormile - Mr Lender PDL CCJ

If you can submit it online

There is then a process.

Once submitted they have a time to respond or the case is stayed.

If they respond you will get a Directions Questionnaire and the chance to mediate

A long process.

Comment

What should I be hoping for?

Comment

Hope for a discontinuance or maybe a stay

prepare for the worst

Comment

what's the worst? a judgement?

- - - Updated - - -

as in CCJ

Comment

Originally posted by elvis2003 View Post
            what's the worst? a judgement?

- - - Updated - - -

as in CCJ

Yes but a long way to go before that could happen. Even if they do decide to continue you could use mediation to try and settle- that would mean no CCJ as long as you kept up the payments

Just make sure you follow the time line set out by the court

Comment

Help Please-

I have this morning received a letter/s from MMF they have returned to me a copy agreement of information of an original loan between my self and Mr lender- original agreement was a loan for £300 with £405 to be repaid in 2013.
              They have also placed in a what I assume is dated notice of assignment this is dated 2014, I have attached this.,
              What I am confused with is MMF have sent a covering letter stating what they have sent as above and also returned my postal fee. However they state that balance on this covering letter as £2193 , however as in the letter attached it is £798 - ( possibly a mistake on their part?)

I am concerned now as to what I do next, I have held back filing my defence that I posted last week as I was waiting closer to the date ( approx. 6th Nov), what action do/should I now take, please can someone support with this I appreciate all the help I can get.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

please see the letter I mentioned in post above.
              Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] any thoughts?

Comment

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Comment

can anyone help please, conscious the deadline is looming.

Comment

Sorry can't be of more help but here is just a thought

If the claim is for x amount and you sent a cca request and the covering letter is y amount ( more than x) it can not comply with providing a statement of account

I would just say in your defence they have not complied with your S77-79 request but don't elaborate at this point
                      [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] can you help\ [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by elvis2003 View Post
                        Help Please-

I have this morning received a letter/s from MMF they have returned to me a copy agreement of information of an original loan between my self and Mr lender.,
                        What I am confused with is MMF have sent a covering letter stating what they have sent as above and also returned my postal fee. However they state that balance on this covering letter as £2193 , however as in the letter attached it is £798 - ( possibly a mistake on their part?)
                        Could you post up that letter? (Obscure any personal details.)
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I think you mean this ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Going by what you have posted you have sent a CCA compliant request & enclosed the appropriate fee.
                            If so, they cannot side-step that by returning the fee; their 'goodwill gesture' means little.
                            Without sight of the copy actual agreement (or reconstruction) which has been sent it is only possible to comment in general, but is it compliant with the CCA? Does it contain all the prescribed terms? Were all T&Cs sent? (esp if it was 'rolled over'). Did you receive a statement of the account? Were there any associated agreements?
                            All of this & also the possibility of a refund.
                            https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-refunds-defaulted-loan/
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Sorry they returned the fee with the credit agreement between me and Mr lender which was for 300 loan - 400 with interest approx.
                              I will post now the agreement although it's a good few pages . What I have just noticed is the agreement was between me and mr lender when I lived at a different address, but MMF have managed to find were I live now.
                              not sure if any info in this is classed as statement of account - only everything I have posted above and now after this message is all I received.
                              Any suggestions what I should do next - I still have till weekend to file a defence.

Comment

6 pages - sorry I could only get them on this way
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X