• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private parking fine/court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Private parking fine/court claim form

Charity: The LBC would have been sent before the changes came into effect.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Charity: The LBC would have been sent before the changes came into effect.
      Yes, but I haven't seen any exemption or 'cross-over' period....just that claims issued after 2/10/2017 must comply with the new protocol.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello,
        Can you have a look at my defence please. I am not sure if CEL is the landowner or landowner is a different person?. Also I have put in defence that the signs were not clear/visible on entering and leaving the carpark, and since the incident I have been back and CEL have added new signs and also cleared all the trees. I have photographic evidence of this. Thanks Also issue date on form is 4/10/17 so do I have 14 days from that date. I have acknowledge online. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Tagging [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] & [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION]

Comment

Some random jottings.
            * Colour does not have to be specified
            * The times are from cameras and taken as the car is moving and not parked. There is, additionally, no period of parking specified as required for keeper liability under POFA.
            * There is a grace time at the beginning to allow the car to park after passing the camera, there is also a minimum grace period of 10 minutes to leave the parking space under the BPA Code of Practise.
            * POPLA sentence does not run properly. Do not mention the cost.

Comment

Many thanks for comments. I will make the changes and then post. Generally is the defence ok to submit?. I have been told by the court I have till 6/11/17.

Comment

The defence deadline is 33 days from the court claim issue date, 4pm latest, for claims via MCOL.
                If that day falls on a weekend or Public Holiday, the next working day applies
                In your case & from the dates you've posted, it will be Monday 6th November.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have a update from last post. I completed and posted the defence (recorded delivery). I received a confirmation to state they received the defence and would pass it onto the claimant. I have today received through the post a Notice of Proposed allocation to the small claims track. I have to respond by the 7/12/17 and complete the small claims directions questionnaire. Could someone explain what this means and what I have to do? does this mean that they will be taking me to court now? I do not know what to do.

Comment

Civil Enforcement Limited

I have a update from last post. I completed and posted the defence (recorded delivery). I received a confirmation to state they received the defence and would pass it onto the claimant. I have today received through the post a Notice of Proposed allocation to the small claims track. I have to respond by the 7/12/17 and complete the small claims directions questionnaire. Could someone explain what this means and what I have to do? does this mean that they will be taking me to court now? I do not know what to do.

Comment

Re: Civil Enforcement Limited

Apologies for the delay in replying to your post and thank you for reporting it.

Yes you need to complete the N180 - there's an example how to complete it http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...l-Claims-Track

It means the claimant has been sent a copy of your defence, and this form is basically the court finding out how to manage the case - where it should be heard and any dates either party is unavailable to attend.

you should send a copy of the form to the Claimant as well as returning to the Court.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Civil Enforcement Limited

They are asking if I want mediation. I am wondering it I should agree or go to court?

Comment

Mediation is if you would agree that a sum should be paid and CEL agree to that sum. CEL want the full amount, you want £0. is there a sum in the middle that you would agree to? If yes then you mediate, if no then you don't mediate. If there is no agreement in mediation then it continues to court.

Comment

Thanks I will not agree to mediation and go straight to small claims court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X