• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

penalty ticket at LIDL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: penalty ticket at LIDL

For some reason can't see the front of the NTK when trying to see it larger. Back OK and nothing important there but you have left the PCN number on there. Suggest you delete, redact again and repost.

Comment

You've covered up the time of entry.
      At a guess I would say......11:31:14?

I reckon there is a reasonable argument about grace periods.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes, time of entry is 11:31:14 and exit is 13:16:59

- - - Updated - - -

Done, thanks

Comment

A new debt pre-action protocol for court claims came into force earlier this week.
          The emphasis now is to utilise methods of avoiding court, & so it may be wise to go through the appeals system. (Appeal to parking co...if rejected, appeal via IAS).

Don't hold your breath for appeals to be successful....both are notoriously pro parking co's.
          But at least you'll be seen to be playing the game.

To begin with, appeal to the parking co as registered keeper.
          If it were me I'd do so re PoFA non-compliance. (See an attached example used by a fb group).
          The aim is to get an IAS appeal code.

Your Address
          Date:

Reference: PCN #

Dear Sir/Madam,
          Many thanks for your recent correspondence, in which you claim the driver of my vehicle is liable for a parking charge.

Since your Notice to keeper fails to comply with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 Schedule 4, as such there is no keeper’s liability.
          As there is no legal obligation to name the driver, I refuse to do so, you may not assume that I, the keeper, was the driver on this day.
          No further information will be provided at this time; cancellation is your only viable and reasonable option. Information to appeal via an independent body will be accepted and fully utilised.

Sincerely,
          The Registered Keeper
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]. thank you very much. I will do just that.

If they reject it, will I be given a popla code?

Comment

Originally posted by momy3 View Post
              @charitynjw. thank you very much. I will do just that.

If they reject it, will I be given a popla code?
              You should.
              As stated, it will be IAS, so any appeal allegedly has a low chance of success.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION], I am sorry I'm a bit confused as what I should do. I was hoping to use the sample that you sent to me, however are you saying I have a slim chance of the ticket getting cancelled if I did that? Also pls what does IAS stand for?

Also, if I used this sample above, and it gets rejected, am I doomed? as you stated that I have a slim chance of winning an appeal?

I think I may have it mixed up,

Comment

IAS=Independent Appeals Service.

How independent?
                  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...-kangaroo.html
                  I leave it with you to make up your own mind.
                  (There have been some subsequent changes....directors resigning & whatnot
                  & IPC are now called International Parking Community).
                  Last edited by charitynjw; 12th October 2017, 19:03:PM.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Only my opinion.

Courts like parties to attempt ADR

The object of the initial appeal to the parking co (in your particular case) is to get an appeal code.
                    (There's not much chance of the parking co agreeing with you & cancelling)

IAS is (allegedly) pro parking co (you rarely see them agreeing with the driver/RK & allowing the appeal).
                    However it's worth putting in a slightly more in-depth appeal to them.

If they don't allow (agree) the appeal, you don't have to abide by or agree with their decision.
                    If by some good fortune you win, the parking co has to accept the decision.

If you lose, but decide not to accept the decision, the parking co will have to decide whether or not to take it further.

In all of this, do not ID who was driving at the time.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION], thanks for the clarification. If I may ask another question, If they decide to take it further for instance, do I stand a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by momy3 View Post
                        @charitynjw, thanks for the clarification. If I may ask another question, If they decide to take it further for instance, do I stand a chance?
                        Lol, that's the $64,000 question (but if you pay within 14 days I'll let you have it for $40k! )

In round figures the time between the ANPR entry & exit is about 1hr 46 mins.
                        1hr 30mins free.
                        10 mins grace period to exit the car park (See page 12.........15.2)
                        https://theipc.info/uploads/-imXk-gE...une%202017.pdf
                        That only leaves between 5 to 6 mins to drive in (driving is not parking), find a convenient space, exit vehicle & read/digest the sign & decide whether to continue parking, A reasonable time must be allowed to do so. (15.1 on the above link).
                        Maybe something impeded the driver's progress through the car park (other vehicles parking/leaving)?
                        I wasn't there, so obviously I can't comment.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

useful..

Comment

Originally posted by tant0 View Post
                            useful..
                            I've been called worse.....
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION], loll not you, but the points you made, they are useful points for the future

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] pls what is the way forward, as per the way forward, Should I use the above one or the earlier one you asked I use, and should I still write to the CEO of lidl. There are lots of points, I am not sure what way to go, to get the best result?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X