• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

penalty ticket at LIDL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penalty ticket at LIDL

HI.

I would appreciate if someone can help me with the ticket I received.

The person who drove my car parked it at LIDL. The allowed time for shoppers is 1:30, the car was parked for 1:45.45. The person did
    some shopping with a total bill of £6.85. I the registered keeper has now been sent the ticket. please can someone help me out with ideas. The person was going to write back with a proof of purchase, however the amount on receipt and time spent does not match.
    please I need advice. thank you

- - - Updated - - -

It was issued by Athena ANPR Ltd.
    Tags: None

Re: penalty ticket at LIDL

So get that person to go back to the store with the receipt and the parking ticket and complain.

If that does not get a result then email the CEO of Lidl. Look here for information

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
      I have checked it out, but because the driver was there for more than the allotted time,
      do you think that my case may be addressed differently as the case I read stated that they
      were there within the allotted time for customers.

Comment

Also
        I came across this thread on a forum here, can I use it, will it still work

EDITED COPY

Dear Sirs,
        I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. (find attached receipts for the date in question using Lidl . In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours,

ORIGINAL COPY

Dear Sirs,
        I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any of the signs at Lidl Leatherhead and has been using the store regularly since the Lidl Horley outlet has been closes for refurbishment until March (find attached receipts for the date in question using Lidl and week following). In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours,

Comment

please, [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] can you give your view on this case. I appreciate Ostell's view, although it is not exactly same incident, hence I am looking for other views. thank you

Comment

I would think Lidl would ask why it took so long to spend so little sorry to say .time for appeal to parking company

Comment

Appeal to the CEO of Lidl. Do it now and continue your appeal to the PPC. Lidl CEO do cancel.

Comment

I was thinking that too. I intend to fold the receipt so the shop name, the date and time shows,
                and not the amount spent. Hopefully it does not get come off as 'dodgy'.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks again. I will Appeal to the CEO. However, can you advise on how I can Appeal to the PPC?

Comment

Taken from another website

Hi [name removed],
                  As a national retailer, Lidl UK GmbH has stores in locations with limited parking space. In common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are often abused to a significant and detrimental extent at the expense of Lidl customers. As a result, we have judged it necessary to take measures to ensure that our store parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times for our customers’ use, Lidl UK employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

If you have received a parking fine in error, the most efficient way to appeal the fine is to do so with the car park management company directly. Details of how to do this will be on the parking fine notice you have received.

If you wish for us to do this on your behalf, we kindly request that you send our Customer Services team the information below:
                  • Permission to pass your details on to our Car Park Management Company for appeal
                  • A receipt, for the date of the contravention and/or prior visits. Please note that for Data Protection reasons, we cannot accept bank statements as proof of shopping and any bank statements sent to us will be deleted from our system.
                  • The parking fine notice number
                  • Your vehicle registration number

You can contact our Customer Services team by emailing customer.services@lidl.co.uk, or by giving them a call on 0800 977 7766 and they’ll be happy to help.

Best wishes,

My Lidl Team
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I will take that into account. I will send information to both the Lidl customer service and the parking agent. Thank you.

Comment

Since the Beavis judgment, GPEOL arguments are tough to plead.

Was there a windscreen PCN?
                      Have you had a postal Notice to Keeper?
                      Have you any pics of site signage?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thank you [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I will factor the info above in the letters.

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] no it was not a windscreen PCN, it was a letter to keeper and yes, I have received it.
                          No, I don't have a picture of signage.
                          I was planning to write a letter to the CEO and another to Athena with a copy of Bank statement just showing that I paid for services om the same day.

Do you reckon I do that?

Comment

Ok, can you post up the NtK? (front & back, obscure personal details but leave all dates visible).

Can you get pics of signage?

& yes, do ask Lidl if they can cancel it, but don't copy Athena in.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I will go there tomorrow to take pictures of signage. I have attached images of ticket.
                              Thanks
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by momy3; 11th October 2017, 21:45:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X