• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS charges

Hi all

I have an RBS account,last month I used paypal to buy something off ebay,it was only £3.30,I bought it there and then on 26th August,there was more than enough in the account at the time,I have noticed that there is an unpaid D/D dated 30th August for £3.30,I was always under the impression that the money came straight out of your account there and then?,anyway on the 30th August there were insufficient funds,thats right I didn't even have £3.40 in my account,needless to say I got a charge of £38,I also have a standing order that goes out on 30th of every month,there were insufficient funds,but,my wages go in on the last day of every month,I have since rang the bank to change this,I'm not gonna be charged every month that has 31 days in it,anyways to get to my point,RBS have now taken £76 out of my account for charges even though my wages are always in on the last day of the month,is there anything I can do about it

cheers in advance

Re: RBS charges

I think it may be worth a try going in to your branch and asking them to return the charges.
    If it's a one off and you have not incurred a lot of charges before and it is unlikely you will again then they will probably pay you back.
    If this doesn't work let us know and we will tell you the next step, hope this helps Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      I think it may be worth a try going in to your branch and asking them to return the charges.
      If it's a one off and you have not incurred a lot of charges before and it is unlikely you will again then they will probably pay you back.
      If this doesn't work let us know and we will tell you the next step, hope this helps Enaid x
      Cheers for that,I'll go in first thing tomorrow,do you think I should take a printed statement of my paypal account with me as well,it has the date of the transaction

Comment

It won't do any harm to take your details with you. I would also change your DD date to the 1st of the month if you can and then this wouldn'r happen again.
        PS last month was July not August lol you nearly confused me there and that is not hard to do I can tell you. Good Luck Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          It won't do any harm to take your details with you. I would also change your DD date to the 1st of the month if you can and then this wouldn'r happen again.
          PS last month was July not August lol you nearly confused me there and that is not hard to do I can tell you. Good Luck Enaid x
          I went in this morning and they have agreed to refund me £38,they also said that if I want to claim the rest back I have to put it in writing and they are only authorised to issue 1 refund which is why they are giving me the £38 back,looking back over my accounts I've noticed quite a few £38's going missing,this was due to my having my D/D's and S/o's coming out on the 30th of every month,don't you think the bank would have notified me of this or is that just wishful thinking

Comment

They would have notified you Jock, they send you a statement of your charges every month and the date they will be taking them out. You must get your DD and SO's to come out on the 1st of the month that will solve that problem.

As for the other charges , have you all your statements and if so how far do they go back?

Comment

Jock..................Glad they gave you at least 1 of the charges back but check all statements you have and see how many charges you have actually had.If your statements dont go back far enough then may I suggest you do a subject access request(SRA) there is a link for the template of this request on the site.Reclaim Charges Templates - Legal Beagles. Am crap with links but its pretty easy to find in the Templates forum (and even YOU can do that!!!!)
              P.S. I saw the comment you made about me(:crazy Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky!!!!!!

Also am not too sure if the laws governing bank charges are different in Scotland so it is worth letting us know if your account branch is in England or Scotland.....Am sure someone will post a reply letting you know when they read this though.

Finally Good Luck and say hello to your better half from me!!!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X