• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

Thank you very much WP, I'll look forward to it.

Comment

Available Reports Details
      Company Name:
      CLASSIC MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS LTD

Company No:04651956
      Registered Office:
      Incorporated:30/01/2003 CLASSIC HOUSE
      611 STRETFORD ROAD
      OLD TRAFFORD MANCHESTER
      LANCASHIRE
      M16 0FY
      Company Type:Private Limited Company
      Company Statusissolved
      Accounts Type:FULL
      Latest Accounts to:30/09/2006
      Latest Return to:30/01/2007

Creditgate | Companies House | Company Webcheck | Director Search

This is the name of the company who my financial advisor sorted my loan out with. They just happen to have the same address as Blemain Finance. I wonder how much money he made out of this?

Comment

Hi fp

Firstly I would like you to read the following links and posts so that you get an understanding of what you are about to do, there is no financial risk to you, and you will feel a lot better when you take control of this (no more being a victim) as the saying goes knowledge is power.

The following points are what you will have to do.

1 get a full statement of account, and add up all the unfair charges blemain have
        Added to your account.

2 send a letter (recorded delivery) of to blamain for the return of the unfair charges.

3 when blemain send you a reply to your request, for the charges to be removed from your loan.
        They will say the charges are fair and that they are in the terms and conditions that you signed.

4send a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service then the FOS deal with blemain on your behalf.

5 blemain pay you back the charges and your loan goes down, usually by many thousands of pounds.

As you proceed with the points above ask questions on here about anything you are not quite sure about.

Now read the following.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/QG6.pdf

1. This is who pays the foswhether you win or lose you wont pay any costs, but not quite the same for blemain.
          win or lose blemain have to pay a case fee .

who pays for the Ombudsmanservice?

The Financial OmbudsmanService is paid for by levies and case fees which businesses covered by the ombudsman have to pay by law. At the time the ombudsman service was set up – and when its remit was extended to cover consumer-credit disputes – parliament decided that consumers should not be charged for bringing a complaint to us.

how much is the case fee?

The standard case fee (which we charge for the fourth and any subsequent “chargeable” case during the year) is £500. Case fee arrangements are reviewed each year and may be subject to change.

Now read this one

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm

now hopefully you are starting to understand what you have to do and how to do it, but you will find that blemain don’t like following rules,so every letter you send them has to be sent recoded delivery, or they will just deny they ever received it. You may also find they wont send you a statement, if you haven’t got one yet then my advice would be to send them a section 77 CCA request, they have to send one then.

Just one question, does it say this loan is regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 on the top of your agreement ?

I think you may have enough to think about for now but any questions feel free to ask.

wp
        Last edited by welshperson; 6th January 2012, 22:12:PM.

Comment

Thats very good and concise advice FP and you will do well to absorb it good luck.
          G

Comment

Hi WP,
            Thanks very much for your reply its very much appreciated!
            Ill have a look at the links that you have provided. Has anyone ever been successful re-claiming charges back from Blemain Finance?
            I spoke to customer services and she said she would send me a complete summary of my account. Is it worth waiting for that before i send a letter via recorded delivery asking for my unfair charges back? If so, how long is best to wait?
            To be honest i can't find the original agreement, in-fact I aren't even sure if i have ever seen an agreement? Although I must have somewhere along the lines I'm sure. All i remember is the financial advisor asking me to sign some forms, and that was it, the money was in my account after a short time. Ill turn the house upside down tomorrow and have a good look for it.
            Kind Regards
            FP
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by gallahad View Post
            Thats very good and concise advice FP and you will do well to absorb it good luck.
            G
            Thank you Gallahad.
            Im feeling very ready for this. It seems like i have suddenly climbed out of the black hole of depression, and am angry that these cowboys are allowed to get away with this! But i suppose I'm even more angry that I got myself, and my family into this mess! Oh well, whats done is done, onward and upward as they say!
            Kind regards
            FP
            Last edited by funkyphantom; 6th January 2012, 21:27:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Fp you say you don’t have the agreement and that you have not received a statement yet, so on that I would say to send a CCA 77 request of to blemain you have to pay £1 for this so send a £1 postal order with the following letter and they will send you a copy of the agreement and statements of account.

This is what a CCA s77 is about.

Borrowers and hirers are able to ask creditors to send them information about their credit agreements. If information is not provided within 12 working days, the debt becomes unenforceable.

Sections 77, 78 and 79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account and hire agreements.

Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
              • a copy of their agreement
              • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
              • a statement of account.
              If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor:

Just add your names and account numbers to the following.

Section 77/78 Request
              As prescribed under Section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

To
              Name of Lender: BLEMAIN FINANCE LTD

Address of Lender: Bracken House
              Charles street
              Manchester

Postcode: M1 7BD

We;
              Name:
              Address
              Postcode:
              Date

Account/Loan Number:

We instruct you the creditor to supply a copy of the above Regulated Credit Agreement (if any), including any document referred to therein and statement of account under the legislation contained within Section 77 and 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclose the statutory fee of £1.00 as required per this request.

NAME (Account Holder 1): _________________________D.O.B.:

SIGNATURE: ………………………………………… >>>DATE:

NAME (Account Holder 2): ________________________D.O.B.:

SIGNATURE: ………………………………………................................... ........DATE:
              Last edited by welshperson; 6th January 2012, 22:12:PM.

Comment

Thank you very much WP. Would this be advisable to send out tomorrow? Or should I give customer services time to send out the information that they said they would send?
                FP

Comment

Ff you ask if anyone has got charges back from blemain, well I can answer that with a 100% certainty that yes people have claimed back charges of blemain including myself (that’s why im 100%) so yes you can claim them back, but I think your in for a shock as to how much they have added to this loan, but don’t panic you can get them back.

As for your dark place then yes I have visited it, as im sure many blemains customers, but once you take control then everything gets better.

wp

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
                    Thank you very much WP. Would this be advisable to send out tomorrow? Or should I give customer services time to send out the information that they said they would send?
                    FP
                    Send it tomorrow that way you will know you’ll get what you want and also a copy of your loan agreement.

Blemain have a bad habit of ignoring the rules, they are supposed to send you a statement once every year, and if your in arrears an areas statement every 6 months, but they don’t usually bother with trivialities like rules.

wp

Comment

Geezus, these sound scary! Ill send the letter off tomorrow.
                      Im just reading their Tarrif Charges, they charge £42 per month for account arrears! I dread to think how much i have been charged! Although i shouldn't have been charged anything over the last 12 months as i have kept up a payment arrangement.
                      I cannot see any charges for letters sent out to remind you you are in arrears. I wouldn't put it past them charging though!
                      Regards
                      FP

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
                        Geezus, these sound scary! Ill send the letter off tomorrow.
                        Im just reading their Tarrif Charges, they charge £42 per month for account arrears! I dread to think how much i have been charged! Although i shouldn't have been charged anything over the last 12 months as i have kept up a payment arrangement.
                        I cannot see any charges for letters sent out to remind you you are in arrears. I wouldn't put it past them charging though!
                        Regards
                        FP
                        This made me laugh, and then think back to a time when I was like you (so naïve, so gullible) if you real think blemain haven’t been charging you for letters and an areas fee then you are in for a bigger shock than I thought.

My agreement was for £10k I fell behind thro illness, and in a period of 25 months they added £4,250 which equates to about £170 a month in charges then add interest to this

wp
                        Last edited by welshperson; 6th January 2012, 23:10:PM.

Comment

oh my god! I feel sick. I was gullible and young, wanting the best for my family. How wrong was I?! If they are charging for letters sent to me, do you think this is why we receive 2? One to me, and one to my wife. Or is this standard practice? (Come to think of it, i don't think my current mortgage lender does this!)
                          In the information that they will send me, would there be a way of finding out if they have charged me building insurance? As this seems to be another favourite trick of theirs!
                          Regards
                          FP

Comment

A statement will show all charges, whatever they are for and how much they cost.

wp

Comment

I think before 2008 Blemain used to charge £30 the went up to £35 and now it is £33...they claim their interest rates don't follow the BOE and according to their agreement terms they can never come down......maybe they are feeling a bit generous that is why their charges go up and down so that the borrower cannot say thay he is over a barrel all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper999 View Post
                                I think before 2008 Blemain used to charge £30 the went up to £35 and now it is £33...they claim their interest rates don't follow the BOE and according to their agreement terms they can never come down......maybe they are feeling a bit generous that is why their charges go up and down so that the borrower cannot say thay he is over a barrel all the time.
                                It says £42 here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X