• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

nobby1958

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobby1958

OUTSTANDING COUNCIL TAX / CCJS

I have eviction notice on my property for Wednesday 4th October 2017 for outstanding council tax arrears .council took me to court last year I agreed I owed them the moneys .before that court date I did my upmost to pay the arrears off it was a large amount . I knew that the account would get out of hand as solicitors was involved court papers served date and time .in the mean time still trying to resolve council tax arrears with council no luck

went to court I agreed that the amount had to be paid and was given time to pay paid the account about one month after hearing debit card to solicitors looking through the court papers bundle/affidavit I have noted that there was not any financial statements supplied on how much council tax I had paid and for what period .since coming out of court I have had to ask for copys of financial statements . I have found out that I was paying monies at the town hall not on statement .paying monies to bailiffs not on statement so instead of getting myself out of debt I was getting deeper .if my sums are right the council have miscalculated the amounts nearly £1500 in my favour 'If the calculations are wrong for council tax can the county court judgements be legal in the mean time running out of time could loose the house

this saga is like a script from a Christmas pantomime
    Tags: None

Re: nobby1958

Eviction for council tax arrears? Are you sure? Council tax is handled in the Magistrates Cout and you will have got a Liability Order, not a CCJ for it.

Have you been taken to court for rent arrears and does the council have a suspended possession order? If it has, are you up to date on these payments?

Comment

just checked they are charging orders /liability orders if they are not correct can they be legal also I paid a lot of monies one month it doesn't show on financial statement for a couple of months

Comment

So you don't have any rent arrears, can you confirm that you own this house, you aren't renting it from the council?

You have had liability orders and the council has gone to court and got a charging order - what date was this? How much is this for? Have they now applied for an Order for Sale?

Comment

own the house
          no mortgage
          no dependants
          just over £10.000
          paid £6.000
          charging order 18/10/2007
          charging order 8/10/2009
          order for sale 12th/10/2015
          order for sale 22/8/2017

have also been going through the council complaints procedure all three stages long winded if they don't agree with you they shut the complaints procedure down and refer you to the local government ombudsman they have not got any teeth to deal with the problem can only a only advize council /have tried to get a sit down meeting with council only because reams of paperwork only to be told letter writing only and council seem to lie even written down on an affidavit /court bundle

Comment

I suggest you get to a local Law Centre or CAB on Monday, with every scrap of evidence you have (bank statements etc) about the charging order, the order for sale, and payments you have made. Also contact your local councillors.

Comment

been to the local C A B not interested for some reason don't know why
              got some one acting on my behalf at the moment a bit touch and go time ticking away

Contacted my local MP last year

Not interested as it was going to Court

something underhanded going on with this

Notice of Eviction

Little Council tax Arrears House worth in Excess of £275000

Comment

Did you have opportunity to defend the application to enforce the charging order via an order for sale ?

Only £4k outstanding on the council tax now? ( originally £10k and you've paid £6k ? )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X