• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I n d ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I n d ltd

Hey everyone

New here so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Posting because I need alot of advice, long story short whilst I was growing up betweeb 18-22yrs old I got myself into abit of debt

Car finance, loans, cred cards, banks run Into the red etc

I'm 31 now and have managed to settle sort everything while I thought everything but low and behold I've a letter from Ind ltd

I've checked my noodle, clear score and check a file and cannot find anything related to Ind apart from random searches upon my file.

The letter received today is basically along the line of I d ltd v Mr me case no *******

Writing in connection with claim number as Ive not been in contact to discuss repayment told I have until 15/10 else further enforcement action will be taken.

Now here's the thing

I rang ind and didn't acknowledge the debt they asked to confirm data protection so I confirmed my name and parents address (this was where I resided at time of original account) they went on to inform me that it's a Lloyds bank debt although wouldn't give me the amount.
    They also make me aware that on the 1st March 2012 I was given a ccj I made them aware I have received any such paperwork to inform me and my parents address mail was secure. She then informed me that they sent it to my first private rented flat which I've again not seen sight off or had any delivered. I again protested this on the phone to ind completely unaware that it has happened and asked for some type of ref number

She then provided me with the court name and case number

I then phone local court give case number ask if I've got a ccj they the say yes ccj is for u and that's it?

How has this happened?

The original lloyds account was a current account that appeared on my clear score an closed with a 0 balance

Originally opened 2001 last updated 27 Sept 2012

From memory if I'm correct the account fell into arrears through more money management and direct debit charges as well as over draft charges I did originally make Lloyds aware that I didn't agree to them and wasn't going to pay

I've not claimed ppi or these charges back

I kinda d of ignored hoped it would disappear and I guess it did until I n d ltd

Now I'm not looking to swerve the debt all be it if I do owe some money I'll arrange a suitable payment

I'm on benefits

No longer live with parents have moved private rented between 3 separate places in last 5 yrs so I'm guessing this is how the letter appeared at my new place as I've not long moved in (July)

What i don't want is to pay unfairly and have this done unlawfully which it does seem at the moment

Any input advice is kindly appriciated

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X