• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AV 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AV 2009

Last night I was given a computer that was a home build, but having various problems. Mainly concerned with the display being crap, and the computer crashing.

The first looks like a corrupted/missing graphics driver, and the second may be down to the jumble of cables inside straining a power connection from the On/off switch to the motherboard.

However I found this programme installed.
    AV2009
    Do not install this, as it is a programme that does nothing but send you pop ups and spy on you.

What is Antivirus 2009? (Run Antivirus 2009 check with SpyHunter)
    Antivirus 2009, also known as Antivirus2009, is a rogue anti-spyware program that uses false spyware results to lure you to purchase its full version. Antivirus2009 is an updated version of Antivirus 2008. Other Antivirus 2009 aliases that have recently appeared on the Web are: XP Antivirus 2008, Vista Antivirus 2008, Ultimate Antivirus 2008 and System Antivirus 2008.

Antivirus 2009 is usually promoted via a ZLOB/MediaAccess Codec installer found on adult websites. Zlob has been the trojan of choice to infect users with pop ups disguised as system notifications that lead to websites with rogue anti-spyware programs. You can also install Antivirus 2009 manually on the rogue website antivirus-scanner.com. Antivirus 2009 may use its system scanner to display false positives which work as an incentive to make unsuspecting users purchase Antivirus 2009's commercial version.

Do not click on any link provided by Antivirus 2009. Once you click on the link provided, you'll be redirected to Antivirus 2009's website (antivirus2009.com) to download and purchase Antivirus 2009's rogue anti-spyware program. Antivirus 2009 has the ability to recreate itself after reboot and its "System scan"
    messages may continue to pop up on your task manager. It is advised to run a scan with a reliable anti-spyware program to check for the presence of Antivirus 2009 on your computer.
    [/QUOTE]

Re: AV 2009

it was a sod to remove in it's entirety.

Comment

If you were gullible enough to pay up for the antivirus 2009 download, would you be safe from a legal viewpoint to withold payment. I was sucked in and ended up paying the scammers and in addition a legitimate provider to gert rid of 2009

Comment

Hi Leslie,
        Can you expand on this please.
        Ypu are asking about witholding payment, but you say you have already paid them

Also, if your username is your real name I would advise you to change it to an alias
        If you want to do this please PM me with another username and we can change it for you

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X