• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell, and an old CCJ and new letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell, and an old CCJ and new letters

I posted here about 1.5 years ago about rebuilding my credit report so I can rent a nicer property.
    I have around 150k debt - most of that mortgage which defaulted in 2010. Thats now off my report but I'm aware the debt is still there.
    My other issue is this. I had 2 car loans from Blackhorse, one for 9k (ex wife) the other for 15k (me) - they were both in my name.
    Due to terrible circumstances I lost my job and many other things and I couldnt pay any debts.
    Lost my house, cars resold at auction etc.
    I received CCJs for both Blackhorse loans in 2010.
    I pretty much heard nothing about any of this debt until I checked my credit report about 2 years ago.
    Lowell now have me defaulting each month against my 2 CCJ'd Blackhorse loans with reported default dates of March 2013.
    Surely this is wrong?
    I thought you cannot default on an already CCJ'd loan even though it was bought over by a new company.
    I also recently got on the electoral register ( 6 months ago) and have started to receive letters warning me they are going to contact my employer and obtain a certificate of earnings.
    Isnt this debt statue barred by now?
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell, and an old CCJ and new letters

Ok just seen this on Debt Camel:
    "CCJs

If you have had a CCJ registered for that debt, the default date must be earlier than the date of the CCJ."

So question now is what can I do about this on my credit report.

Comment

The defaulted loans will be reported ( by whoever owns them now ) until 6 years after the default date. As you had a ccj awarded against you in 2010 the debts must have defaulted before then ( when the cars were repossessed) and should no longer appear - likewise the ccjs should no longer appear on the register of judgments or your credit file ( ccjs stay on the register/file for 6 years after the judgment date)

So yes they should be removed - Lowell may not know the debts were subject to a ccj and it could be a cock up on black horses part including your debts in a bulk sale to Lowell.

Have you spoken to Lowell at all since discovering these markers ? It is worth writing to them - would you happen to have copies of the original judgments - as it's not on your file they might need evidence that these debts have been dealt with and should be returned to the judgment holder.

Were / are you actually making any payments off the judgment amounts ? Have they ever tried to enforce the judgments?

I'd go through Lowell first and if they refuse to remove make a complaint to the CRAs- but they will basically just ask Lowell if it's right - so I'd deal direct.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have made no payments and never contacted them.
        I'd like to contact them to advise them that there are CCJs for these debts that exist prior to their default dates but I'm worried about resetting the 6yr window I have.
        Reading online Im just worried that CCJs on defaulted loans have a different set of rules than just defaults and statute barred.
        Maybe I should just wait until March 2018 until their defaults come off my record but as they are updating them each month they seem current.
        Thanks for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X