• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RIP Hugh Hefner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Hugh Hefner

Ok, before anyone goes off on a rant I would like to salute the life of a man who funded sexual health clinics and rape crisis centres. I would like us to remember a man who fought for Gay rights and was a huge supporter of civil rights. He produced a magazine where people like Malcom X and Martin Luther King were given a voice. His clubs were among the first to allow mixed race acts to perform and he gave many, many talented people including Alex Hayley and James Baldwin an opportunity to show their writing skills to the world. He also put up a $25,000 reward for information when 3 civil rights activists went missing in Mississippi in 1964.

And as for his magazines; well compared to what we can now see on the top shelves and on the internet, they were pretty tame and tasteful.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous
    Tags: None

Re: RIP Hugh Hefner

Must say I agree.

He was a leading figure in Gay Rights, he was amazing when it came to the attitude of "if you are nice to me, I am nice to you!"

His magazines, ok now it's seen as tacky but if you look at the actual pictures they have been done very well, women fell over themselves to be on the front! I have seen tv shows where the man was with women and he was a total gentleman. He saw a niche in the market and he took it!

I would wish him RIP but he is upstairs now with Marylin, Audrey Hepburn, Helen of Troy.. and let's be honest, the man loved women!

Enjoy yourself Sir, pour yourself a large champers and enjoy watching the greatest concert ever, Freddie, David Bowie, George Michael, Prince, Michael Jackson.. you have deserved it!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Fair play -I never thought anyone could get Michael Jackson and Helen of Troy into the same post!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

I can get weirder.. honest
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
          I can get weirder.. honest
          Pure class!
          Isn’t it funny though; I (and I suspect you) consider myself a fairly strong feminist but can see Playboy as harmless and all the good he did surely outweighs any bad. OK sashaying around in his dressing gown surrounded by women years younger than him might be odd but -well none of those women were kept prisoner and all apparently speak very highly of him and say how he supported them when they left the Mansion. Compare that to many of the cassock wearers who condemned him did far worse behind closed doors to vulnerable children in their care.

~ Anonymous

Comment

I consider myself pretty feminist.
            I can't say much about the whole older man thing cos my OH is a lot older than I am, but they all adored him and said he was an amazing man.. and if you can pull it off,... good on ya!

Comment

[QUOTE=slainte caragh;754438
              and if you can pull it off,... good on ya![/QUOTE]

Could you rephrase that please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

That's your mind love!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X