• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PrivateEye parking charge bathgate, scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrivateEye parking charge bathgate, scotland

Good afternoon,

Long and the short of it, I received a parking charge through the post from parkingeye. Maximum 2 hours parking no parking from 10pm till 6am. I was parked from 2051 15th till 0059 on the 16th. Requesting £85 pound but if paid swiftly £50.
    So, I genuinely did know it was maximums stay car park. Never used it in my puff. Went to a gig and came out happy as pie. On ,looking over it today I feel this isn't fair as they are charging you for times which were outside the hours they don't want you hereunder also if I had saw this significant would probadly have read it as these times don't count. It is only £50 no threatening letters no hassle. But that is £50 I could use for shopping etc and I'd feel like a fool for paying it as I do not think this is fair.

Thanks

Dan

West Lothian
    Tags: None

Re: PrivateEye parking charge bathgate, scotland

Hi Dan & welcome to LB.

Where did this heinous contravention occur? Scotland?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes, bathgate, scotland

Comment

Then don't ID the driver.

The Protection of Freedoms Act (PoFA) 2012 allows transfer of liability from the driver to the registered keeper.

Fortuitously for you, PoFA is not relevant north of Hadrian's Wall, so it's not Scottish law.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

What?

Comment

In Scotland, if they* can't ID the driver (or persuade the judge that the registered keeper was driving at the relevant time), they are stuffed.

*'They being, in your case, PE.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Right I see

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X