• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default issued by Essex & Suffolk Water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default issued by Essex & Suffolk Water

Long story short.

When I moved into my property my landlord gave me a verbal agreement that the water bill was included in my rent. Four years later I moved out and I have applied for a mortgage. The mortgage company declined my application as I had a default. I thought it was strange as iv never missed a payment in over 6 years. I contacted Experian and found out it was Essex and Suffolk Water. Turns out my landlord gave the water company my name and didn't inform me.

The water company added a default to my credit history with just my name. They didn't use my date of birth and my landlord didn't know it. Is this strictly legal?

When I found out that the default was on my account I paid it immediately but it wont remove it from my file. Iv not only paid for my own water usage but 5 other family's water that were living in the property before and after me. I have now had my name removed from the liability. Iv paid £960 to pay the landlords bill !!!!!!!

My landlord and water company have totally stitched me up. Can I get this default removed as they didn't submit my DOB when adding the default?

Please can someone help?

Rob....
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X