• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT car collected 12 weeks ago, am I in the clear???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT car collected 12 weeks ago, am I in the clear???

Hi

on the 25th September it will have been 12 weeks since I handed my car back as a VT.

the company very early on tried to claim I owed money on the gap insurance agreement, which I didn’t pay and has gone quiet.

when the car was collected the report printed said c. £500 of damage but I have not heard anything since. When do you think I should stop thinking/worrying about them chasing me for their claimed damages (which I would dispute anyway)?
    Tags: None

Re: VT car collected 12 weeks ago, am I in the clear???

i Would also be interested to know what people’s typical wait time has been between car collection and receiving any further communication?

Comment

9 months for me! Car collected in Jan via VT and had a text and phone call yesterday chasing up final monthly direct debit payment. I'm now trawling through my notes to hopefully close this down once and for all.

Paul

Comment

wow that is ridiculous....9 months. So I am definitely not in the clear. Out of interest final direct debit? so no charges for claimed damage over and above fair wear and tear or excess mileage?
        What is your plan for responding?

Comment

Car returned in Jan after failed attempt in December and me chasing them to collect the uninsured untaxed car from the front of my property. Being asked to make a payment for the month i had use of the car. My plan is to point out to them the above and then ask them to confirm how much i have paid over the course of my contract, what my 50% liability is and whether they think it is reasonable that the surplus "credit" on the account can cover the "missed" direct debit.

Comment

ah ok - good luck!

I had my car collected 12 weeks ago and all went fairly smoothly apart from the inspection saying approx £500 damages. But since collection I have not heard anything. I of course don't want to chase them but at the same time don't want it hanging over me for ages. I checked my credit report and the it says settled and closed which gives me some reassurance that there is nothing funny going on there.

Comment

for anyone that has followed this thread or is searching in the future -

FCA automotive services have written to me 14 weeks after collecting the car claiming I owe just under £400

interestingly in the letter they have included a table stating various damage and and collection charges the bottom line of the table has "total £507.80"

underneath the table it then says

"in order to complete your VT you must pay all liabilities due, these consist of:

Contractual amounts due : £0
              Multipart Settlement: £164.54 (GAP insurance)
              Damages and Recharges: £235
              Payments Dishonoured: £0
              Total Liability: £399.54

we will automatically debit the amount from your account..."

So its interesting there is a difference between damages in the first table and liability charges - has anyone else experienced this?

I have decided to dispute the full amount and have emailed them with the following

I am writing to you in response to your recent letter dated 4/10/17 i received today (11/10/17) linked to agreement number xxxxxxxxx. I am disputing the total amount you are claiming I am liable for £399.54, which is broken down in the following way

MultiPart Settlement - £164.54
              Damage and Recharges - (claimed damages £165, collection £70)

I do not give permission to debit any amount from my account until the dispute is settled.

With regards to the Multipart settlement. My agreement is rolled in to a single contract with you which once I have paid the over the 50% of that total agreement I can Voluntary Terminate and under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 explicitly states that, my liability under the agreement is limited to half the total amount payable and any terms under the agreement which imposes additional liability directly or indirectly is strictly prohibited by the Act.

in response to your claimed damages. As the car was purchased second hand from xxxxxxxx with 13,198 miles on the odometer, please provide photographic evidence that the damage happened while in my possession and not previous ownership? Please also provide photographic and invoice evidence that claimed actions have been carried out?

With regards to the collection fee as per my previous comment, I have paid over the 50% point of my financial credit agreement and have no obligation to any further fees. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 explicitly states that, my liability under the agreement is limited to half the total amount payable and any terms under the agreement which imposes additional liability directly or indirectly is strictly prohibited by the Act. This also extends to the collection of the vehicle which I am under no obligation to pay for.

I would be keen to hear what people think and what other peoples experience has been?

Thanks all

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X