• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JustWhatINeed Vs Arrow Global / Shoosmiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JustWhatINeed Vs Arrow Global / Shoosmiths

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    Hi
    This is the problem for current accounts, they can trundle on for some time before they are terminated- often for a very long time

I do know that HBOS around 2007 time did send default notices for current accounts rather than formal demands
    Well i'm gonna get the part 18 off to shoosmiths today. And keep mulling over.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I sent the cpr 14 25th so they will have gotten it the 26th.

So 8 days ago now. I've not had a reply.

Should i now be sending a letter along the lines of you haven't replied im giving you one more chance or ill apply for this to be struck out for non compliance?

I'm a little unsure.

I think i only have 19 days to get something done with this i'd appreciate any advice.

I haven't even had any acknowledgement of the SAR .

Comment

You include non compliance in your defence. You are not at a stage to apply for a strike out and they can be high risk anyway

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
          You include non compliance in your defence. You are not at a stage to apply for a strike out and they can be high risk anyway
          Shall i send another? And when you send these letters how does the court know you didn't just send a letter with nothing in it.

Are you meant to photocopy what ur sending and the postage?

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone here think they can help me get an agreement? In terms of making them an offer of say 500 lump sum and paying in monthly installments and getting the court process stopped or put on hold?

I can't take the risk on it not being barred. And cant afford to pay the 2800 in full.

Also, if i do make payments and i eventually find out its barred can i then stop paying?

Thank you.

Comment

Keep a copy of what you send as you'll need a copy later to exhibit with your Witness Statements. If you say you have sent a letter in your court submissions you are signing a statement of truth.

No need to chase them up. It's pretty unusual to get a full response before defence.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Keep a copy of what you send as you'll need a copy later to exhibit with your Witness Statements. If you say you have sent a letter in your court submissions you are signing a statement of truth.

No need to chase them up. It's pretty unusual to get a full response before defence.
              I just don't understand why they wouldn't comply with your requests if you owe the money, it sort of makes you think they have things to hide.

I even sent part 18 to arrow lol.

I'm not sure i can risk defending it and losing so i need to look at an arrangement and getting the court action cancelled. Just very busy with work at moment .

Need to do something its bugging me every day this is.

Comment

just what these leeches want you to do, obtain monies by deception- I use to work 12 hours a day yet still faught the government and won.

Comment

Completely understandable, it's quite horrible having this hanging over you. Only you know your circumstances, the importance of not having a CCJ and how you want to deal with it, but I think I'd at least follow through with what you have done so far and see if they respond to the court to proceed before making any decisions or any approach to negotiate settlement under a consent order for installments if not a F&F lump sum.

I called Shoosmiths many months ago and they said they would put my account on hold for one month to work out my income and expenditure.
                  That might turn into an issue as that was before the end of the statute barred period.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Completely understandable, it's quite horrible having this hanging over you. Only you know your circumstances, the importance of not having a CCJ and how you want to deal with it, but I think I'd at least follow through with what you have done so far and see if they respond to the court to proceed before making any decisions or any approach to negotiate settlement under a consent order for installments if not a F&F lump sum.

That might turn into an issue as that was before the end of the statute barred period.
                    The people at the debt charity said that's not acknowledging the debt.

I don't think they will be replying to any letters ive sent ive still had nothing.

How likely are they to take a lump should i not be contacting them now? I think i have to file a defense by the 23rd so around 14 days.

Last year my profit from self employment was 14k which is about to be revised down to 12k. So if it was to go to ccj they would probably be looking at a pound a month.

Should i call the solicitors and tell them my situation? and offer a lump ? To end it? Or a lump and monthly payments to stop the court process?

- - - Updated - - -

The people at the debt charity said that's not acknowledging the debt.

I don't think they will be replying to any letters ive sent ive still had nothing.

How likely are they to take a lump should i not be contacting them now? I think i have to file a defense by the 23rd so around 14 days.

Last year my profit from self employment was 14k which is about to be revised down to 12k. So if it was to go to ccj they would probably be looking at a pound a month.

Should i call the solicitors and tell them my situation? and offer a lump ? To end it? Or a lump and monthly payments to stop the court process?

Comment

Think I'd hang fire until you have filed your defence and see if they come up with anything before seriously looking at negotiating settlement.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

So how much time from filing defense is the court date? And do you not get the ccj against you until youve been to court and they have determined if you owe it etc.

Comment

Well i tried to negotiate a settlement with the solicitors just out of interest about a week ago and they did give me a lower figure , by about 600, but still more than i can comfortably afford.

I think im gonna call the creditor later and see if i can settle with them because the solicitor was pretty uncaring and rude id say, was like talking to a robot.

Then if that fails i need to be llooking at getting my defence filed only a few days left.

In terms of defence i can think of the following

Statute barred
                          Non compliance.
                          Unfair relationship in terms of bank charges (or however you word it)

I think im gonna have to get help with this, can anyone think if id have anything more that would go in it?

Comment

Originally posted by JustWhatINeed View Post
                            Well i tried to negotiate a settlement with the solicitors just out of interest about a week ago and they did give me a lower figure , by about 600, but still more than i can comfortably afford.

I think im gonna call the creditor later and see if i can settle with them because the solicitor was pretty uncaring and rude id say, was like talking to a robot.

Then if that fails i need to be llooking at getting my defence filed only a few days left.

In terms of defence i can think of the following

Statute barred
                            Non compliance.
                            Unfair relationship in terms of bank charges (or however you word it)

I think im gonna have to get help with this, can anyone think if id have anything more that would go in it?
                            Anyone? i lost track of time and realise i have to get this sorted pretty fast.

How much would someone charge to put a defense together for me? I think im going to be incapable of putting anything strong together on my own.

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]
                              [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

i am afraid overdrafts are not my strong suit

Comment

I can be reached at

justwhatineed1@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X