• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISMISSED** Pra group lifted the court stay i defended on money claim on line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pra group lifted the court stay i defended on money claim on line

It is being done through their Litigation department , but they have added £80 legal representation on the claim

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      No one likes being in court except lawyers. Di
      Lol!

Watched a film recently; the main character said 'If it wasn't for lawyers we wouldn't need lawyers'!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Darren104 View Post
        They have sent me a load of statements that dont seem to go in some sort of chronological order, payments that i have made over the years. plus they sent me the credit card agreement where i can see it was ticked in the terms conditions box. Must have done it on line. This was 01/01/2006. Pra also seem to think or they have got mixed up by saying i took this agreement out with Varde Experto. i didnt it was Alliance and Leicester (MBNA) and they sold it to Experto Credite or Varde Experto. I personally think the deed of assignment is missing because when i originally asked Aktiv Kapital to supply it they sent me a letter saying they could not locate it or could not get it off Varde.

^ ^ ^ ^ this is a familiar story.

Have you sent a CPR 31.14 Request to PRA asking them to produce the documents which are mentioned in the Particulars of Claim?

I would also send a Subject Access Request to MBNA to get the full history of the account which you will find most illuminating especially the Transaction Log

Di

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request Letter

http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/

Comment

plus they sent me the credit card agreement where i can see it was ticked in the terms conditions box. Must have done it on line. This was 01/01/2006.
            Is it likely that you would have applied for a credit card on New Years Day?

You'll need to run forensics over those documents. Did they describe them as "reconstituted" in their covering letter?

And have they sent you a Default Notice?

I'm still baffled when you say they're asking the court to decide the case without a hearing. There has to be a Trial (normally) unless the claim or Defence is struck out or the Claimant discontinues etc.

Are you absolutely sure they've not made an Application for a Summary Judgment to strike out your Defence now that they have produced documents a year after proceedings were issued?

What exactly have you received direct from the court or have you only received paperwork from PRA (including a copy of their DQ)?

Di

Comment

They have applied to northampton to have the stay lifted march 2017 and has been granted by the court.
              I have now received papers from the court asking me to complete a notice of proposed allocation to small claims track . The claimant pra group wants the case to be heard without a hearing.
              If they made the Application to lift the stay in March, what has been going on since then (six months)?

Has the case been transferred to your local county court and have they sent you the DQ or has it been sent by NCCBC (Northampton)?

One final question (for now ) have you been receiving an annual Notice of Sums in Arrears (s.86) since the account was defaulted by MBNA? This may be relevant for both enforceability issues as well as added interest.

Di

Comment

Thank you on the lesson on how to tag a thread.

My sincere Apologies

i read with great interest for future reference

dave

Comment

Originally posted by percival View Post
                  Thank you on the lesson on how to tag a thread.

i read with great interest for future reference
                  If you simply want to subscribe to a thread (so you'll get email alerts and/or notifications of any updates) then click on the "Thread Tools" tab at the top of the thread and select "Subscribe to this thread".

Are you expecting some action from PRA?

Di

Comment

No Di.

i just may face this problem in the very near future

(thread tools: got it)

dave

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ this is a familiar story.

Have you sent a CPR 31.14 Request to PRA asking them to produce the documents which are mentioned in the Particulars of Claim?

I would also send a Subject Access Request to MBNA to get the full history of the account which you will find most illuminating especially the Transaction Log

Di
                      No I have not sent a CPR 31.14. What is this? and do MBNA still operate and would they still hold information about the credit card when they actually sold it onto Experto Varde. Also are there any templates letters i can use to send the SAR request ?

Comment

Pra Group originally submitted the claim 1st march 2016. I acknowledged it 9th march 2016 and defended it 29th march 2016.

Pra applied to lift the stay on 26th July 2017 there reason being was because there was an admin error and the previous Litigation officer never proceeded in time as he departed from the company so the lift was was granted by the court. I have only just been notified this week, as well of being send the DQ. Should i complete this DQ and return it back to court. The court say i have to do this by 6th October.

Comment

mbna operate (Lloyds own) follow advice

Subject Access Request Letter

CPR 31.14 Request Letter |

Comment

there reason being was because there was an admin error and the previous Litigation officer never proceeded in time as he departed from the company so the lift was was granted by the court.
                            Ummmm . . .

Or maybe they wanted/needed more time to source/reconstitute documents.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                              mbna operate (Lloyds own) follow advice
                              Lloyds?

I don't think Lloyds have anything to do with this PRA claim.

Di

Comment

Lloyds?

I don't think Lloyds have anything to do with this PRA claim.

Di
                                not said it did but response to a question previously:_

MBNA taken over by lloyds :-

Lloyds buys MBNA: what does it mean for customers? - The Telegraph

www.telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/.../lloyds-buys-mbna-does-mean-customers/

a comment do MBNA still operate over here hence response for information i.e :
                                I have not sent a CPR 31.14. What is this? and do MBNA still operate and would they still hold information -

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X