• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Co-op - Smile Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Co-op - Smile Credit Card

Thank you CB. I cannot believe it, but I cried when I received their stupid letter, not laughed as I should have done!!!!!!! I never cry!!!!! Must be the time of year or I'm blooming hormonal!

I love Christmas and I did not want them burgering it up!.

:11:
    LOL

xxxxxx

Comment

They wont in the slightest.
      Barking out of their collective backsides as ever

Comment

Hi,

I too have a smile agreement and as there arent many of us who have posted problems on the consumer forums I would be extremely grateful for any assistance and clarification.

Smile sent me a copy of an agreement similar to the one posted however they also sent as an additional piece of paper 'prescribed terms'. Given that these two documents are linked by the phrase 'credit agreement overleaf' I believe the prescribed terms may have existed either on the reverse of the original document or on another document referred to therein.

Could you clarify whether you received these t&c 's as they may also be relevant to your case should they start court proceedings. I appreciate that you believe the presribed terms did not exist on the signature document however IF the agreement is the same as mine then most likely your prescribed terms would have been on the reverse.

Could you also confirm whether debt was assigned by absolute of equitable assignment i.e. who do you now owe the money to? has there been any registration of defaults with CRA by any of the above mentioned DCA's? From your post it would appear that they are merely acting for Co-op but would be keen to clarify this.

Once again apologies for hijacking thread however this is relevant to your case as well as mine.

Comment

Hey,

No worries re hijacking my thread.

I'll have a look through the moutainous paperwork and get back to you asap.......

Kind regards

Comment

That would be great if you could find out whether its been sold and that.

Also I would advise you to have a look at the default notice they issued you to see if it complies with Default Termination and Enforcement regulations. They messed up big time with mine and didnt allow enought time to rectify the breach.

My notice did not allow 14 days after date of service. In fact it allowed 8 days. You might be able to defend on strength of invalid DN alone.

Comment

hi

Any update on this matter as I also have a SMILE VISA FroM 2001, with a very similat agreement - but can not find if this would be enforceable or not, as I have tried to negotiate a repayment plan for a 7K visa balance and they have basically said no to me.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X