• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car salesman fraud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car salesman fraud?

Hi,
    Sorry I'm new to this forum, i'll explain the situation as best i can, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In July 2017 we put an order to SEAT for a new car paying a £250 deposit. We have recently found out that there is an issue with the engine putting a 6 month wait on the car. We have now decided to buy a used VW from within the same franchise.

Yesterday (18/9/17) we went to this franchised dealership and were shown a particular VW Golf we were happy with in a dealership in Leeds. However our dealership wouldn't take any money off it as it wasn't theirs and they would have to pay for delivery. So went for some lunch and rang the selling dealership and asked if they would do us a deal (they wouldn't). SO we went back to our local dealership and paid a £250 deposit for this VW Golf and was told they would transfer the £250 deposit that we had put on the SEAT (as they were part of the same franchise they could do this) making a total of £500 deposit. We signed an order form and were on our way (great).

Today we cancelled our SEAT order and explained the deposit was being transferred to the VW section of the franchise, they were understanding of us cancelling due to the delay in engine.

This afternoon we received a message from the Leeds dealership asking if we were still interested in the car as it was still for sale, this surprised us as we had already bought the car the day before, but we didn't say anything we tried to get in touch with our local dealer who we had bought the car through.

An hour later our local dealership rang us back and informed us the car had been sold today.

I am really annoyed about this as the Leeds dealership was still trying to sell the car to us this afternoon, when it should have really been off the market.

Has anyone got any advice on what i can do about this? I am drafting a letter explaining this whole situation and how annoyed i am about losing a really good car at a really good price. But if anyone has anymore thoughts (legally) that would be great!

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X