• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this a record?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a record?

As some of you know I have a disabled son who claims ESA..

On 19th April he was sent form ESA50 Capability for Work to complete.
    Duly sent off, and then received notification his payments would be stopped due to non return of form.
    Swift phone call telling them it was signed for on whatever date!!
    Immediate response was "put on wrong desk".
    No reply to "why not then passed to correct desk?" !!
    Payments restarted.

On 20th June another ESA 50 received.
    Duly returned with sarcastic note!
    Separate complaint also sent

On 30th July another ESA 50 received
    duly returned with further note.
    Separate complaint also sent to head honcho @ complaints dept querying why no response to earlier letters and warning matter will be escalated.
    Also spent 45 minutes on phone to Wolverhampton call centre, and eventually found someone who agreed to instruct the triggering dept to cease sending these forms, which cause my son some distress and me a feeling of frustration as I complete the 40 page bloody form yet again!!

On 11th September another ESA 50 received.

Propose sending complaint to The Rt Hon. David Gauke MP, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and involving son's MP
    I'm going to enjoy this.
    Tags: None

Re: Is this a record?

I have a friend known as Speedy.

In 1995 he was injured in a riding accident and sadly paralyzed from the waist down. He applied for a disabled badge and was told by his doctor to apply for Disabled Living Allowance (or whatever it was called) which he did.

The form stated "how far can you walk?
    10-50 yards
    50-100 yards blah blah blah."

Speedy cannot move his legs, he can't walk 1 yard let alone 10 so he left if blank. It was sent back... 11 times!

eventually he was sent to an independent doctor for "refusing" to state how far he could walk. He got to the office, pushed himself on to his feet and fell on his face.

He got his badge!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Re: Is this a record?

Update
      Involving son's MP & Gauke eventually produced a three page letter of apology and explanation of what went wrong!
      Also tangible apology (£50) to son.
      And hopefully no more bloody forms!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X