• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child maintance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child maintance

Hi can anyone help me?

i receive child maintence off my daughters dad every month, we went to court and had a contact order put in place to say the weekends he has her he has to take her to school on the Monday but he wants the uniform that I brought for her and he's saying the csa pays for it so he doesn't have to go and get one for his house. Is this true or can anyone give me advice xxx

Thank you xx
    Tags: None

Re: Child maintance

Originally posted by Amy1994 View Post
    Hi can anyone help me?

i receive child maintence off my daughters dad every month, we went to court and had a contact order put in place to say the weekends he has her he has to take her to school on the Monday but he wants the uniform that I brought for her and he's saying the csa pays for it so he doesn't have to go and get one for his house. Is this true or can anyone give me advice xxx

Thank you xx
    Is the plan for her to have two sets of uniform, if so is that not a little wasteful? Perhaps items that need washing during the week it might be helpful to have two sets. Just thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
      Is the plan for her to have two sets of uniform, if so is that not a little wasteful? Perhaps items that need washing during the week it might be helpful to have two sets. Just thoughts.
      I had 2 at home for when I have her (1 to wear 1 to wash) but because he has to take her in the morning he wants the ones I've brought because he says he gives me csa for it anyway so he don't need to buy one x

Comment

I had 2 at home for when I have her (1 to wear 1 to wash) but because he has to take her in the morning he wants the ones I've brought because he says he gives me csa for it anyway so he don't need to buy one x
        Thanks for the reply. The one who I on refeflection feel sorry for is the child, who is caught up in a squabble between it's parents.

Comment

I tried to say this to him

Comment

The CSA covers many aspects of support for your child and the price of uniforms these day along with everything else it covers nowhere near enough and barely the stitching to hold it together, I think the guy need a long look in the mirror.

Comment

Who collects the child from school on the Monday ? ( ie she is wearing her uniform then so it comes back to your house )

And does the Dad pick her up from School on Friday ? ( ie she is wearing her uniform then so wherever she goes, so does her uniform )

Either way, simply send her on the weekends at her Dad's with her uniform ready for wearing on Monday.

If he collects her on Friday, then he can wash it over the weekend.

Unless I'm missing something.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Looking at this from a practical not legal perspective, if Daughter goes to school on a Monday wearing Dad's Uniform she'll presumably go home to Mum at the end of the school day.

Then would she swap to Mum's Uniform on Tuesday morning and the rest of the week whilst leaving Dad's uniform in a cupboard/drawer/carrier bag.

If contact with Dad starts on Friday after school then she'll be wearing Mum's Uniform all day but will have to take Dad's Uniform with her to school so she's got it to wear to school on Monday morning.

Or if contact with Dad starts later on a Friday or on Saturday morning so she's not wearing uniform she'll have to take Dad's Uniform with her to wear on Monday morning.

If you follow me.

I think he's over-complicating things no matter who paid for which uniform.

I've been through this scenario as a divorced mother and no matter how many times things were duplicated (hairbrushes, asthma inhalers, teddy bears etc) something always ended up in the wrong home!

This became her perfect alibi for not handing in her homework too ("left it at my Dad's house").

Once she was old enough to take responsibility for what needed to be where and when the problem vanished overnight.

I wish you well with this, and roll on the school holidays when the issue will go away!

Di

Comment

You know what, the pair of you need to grow up. You're supposed to be adults. It's not your uniform or his uniform, it's your daughters uniform regardless of whether she's at yours or her dads house.
                  COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Who collects the child from school on the Monday ? ( ie she is wearing her uniform then so it comes back to your house )

And does the Dad pick her up from School on Friday ? ( ie she is wearing her uniform then so wherever she goes, so does her uniform )

Either way, simply send her on the weekends at her Dad's with her uniform ready for wearing on Monday.

If he collects her on Friday, then he can wash it over the weekend.

Unless I'm missing something.
                    he has her every other weekend and alternate Tuesdays I collect her from school everytime and he collects her from my house at 6pm

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
                      You know what, the pair of you need to grow up. You're supposed to be adults. It's not your uniform or his uniform, it's your daughters uniform regardless of whether she's at yours or her dads house.
                      he needed to take some responsibility for his child not once has he had any responsibility since she started school 3 years ago so I think it's about time he takes some of it aswell sign as he's the other parent. I do not appreciate the way you have responded to something as I was only asking for advice not a lecture. Thank u

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                        Looking at this from a practical not legal perspective, if Daughter goes to school on a Monday wearing Dad's Uniform she'll presumably go home to Mum at the end of the school day.

Then would she swap to Mum's Uniform on Tuesday morning and the rest of the week whilst leaving Dad's uniform in a cupboard/drawer/carrier bag.

If contact with Dad starts on Friday after school then she'll be wearing Mum's Uniform all day but will have to take Dad's Uniform with her to school so she's got it to wear to school on Monday morning.

Or if contact with Dad starts later on a Friday or on Saturday morning so she's not wearing uniform she'll have to take Dad's Uniform with her to wear on Monday morning.

If you follow me.

I think he's over-complicating things no matter who paid for which uniform.

I've been through this scenario as a divorced mother and no matter how many times things were duplicated (hairbrushes, asthma inhalers, teddy bears etc) something always ended up in the wrong home!

This became her perfect alibi for not handing in her homework too ("left it at my Dad's house").

Once she was old enough to take responsibility for what needed to be where and when the problem vanished overnight.

I wish you well with this, and roll on the school holidays when the issue will go away!

Di
                        i have tried to help him regards to schooling like he had to put her in breakfast club and he said he didn't know what to do so I found out about it as I never had to put her in breakfast club and also paid for it, she's only 5 which some things are her responsibility to look after and take care of but her uniform is ideally mine and her fathers responsibility which I've tried to explain to him but all he does is chuck it back in my face. Thank u xx

Comment

he needed to take some responsibility for his child not once has he had any responsibility since she started school 3 years ago so I think it's about time he takes some of it aswell sign as he's the other parent. I do not appreciate the way you have responded to something as I was only asking for advice not a lecture. Thank u
                          I'm sure you don't appreciate it, but your response just reiterates my point. Stop trying to score points, do what's best for your daughter and you know what I agree with him regarding his child maintenance. Whether you think that amount is enough is another matter, but he is right to say he has contributed to the purchase of her school uniform.

"Child maintenance is about providing help with a child's everyday living costs. This includes things like food and clothes, and helping to provide a home for your child or children." https://www.cmoptions.org/en/maintenance/

And before you jump back on your high horse, he needs telling exactly the same as I'm telling you. However, if you stop point scoring and take the adult approach, when he's doing it then he looks like a completely unreasonable buffoon. Wars aren't won on individual battles, they are the culmination of an overall strategy.

You need to share the school uniform.
                          Last edited by jaguarsuk; 18th September 2017, 10:16:AM.
                          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

i have tried to help him regards to schooling like he had to put her in breakfast club and he said he didn't know what to do so I found out about it as I never had to put her in breakfast club and also paid for it, she's only 5 which some things are her responsibility to look after and take care of but her uniform is ideally mine and her fathers responsibility which I've tried to explain to him but all he does is chuck it back in my face. Thank u xx
                            In my case it didn't stop at the basic school uniform whereabouts since there was also gym kit (always in the wrong house) and after school ballet classes (never enough tutus!) and I even left a springer spaniel behind one Sunday night (collected the child but forgot the dog ).

From the way you've described the contact routine I don't see how he can keep 'his' school uniform at his place anyway.

In fact I wonder how he would ever know which uniform she's got with her unless they've got His and Her name tapes sewn in them !

You're caught up in a power struggle which is nothing really to do with school uniform but in order to keep the peace you need to find a solution. I'm guessing that your budget is tight so buying another uniform is not an option?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X