• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Confused of what route to take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confused of what route to take

Still a bit unclear but is the manager you named in the grievance the same as the manager you were due to have your meeting with on your return to work?

I suggest that on your return to work you get a copy of the company's Grievance Procedure if you do not already have it. This should provide full details of how the company deals with a grievance when it is raised and they should deal with your grievance in accordance with this procedure.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi
      I already asked for the company's procedures.
      It states that either a formal or informal meeting is to take place with your manager.
      im guessing when I was called in originally That's deemed as the informal meeting?
      Any yes it's the same manager who 'stood me down from my role' who they have named I'm too see and she's the one I named in the grievance.
      the policy then says that if this doesnt resolve the issues then it can go to grievances and if it relates to the said manager, then a more senior manager will be appointed.

Comment

My view would be that even an informal/formal chat in regard to your grievance should not be with the manager the grievance is about. So you need to speak with HR or a senior manager to raise your concern about your formal (as it was in writing) grievance being dealt in this way.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

The only people senior to my manager is the director and the letter stating I'm to attend the original planned meeting cane from the director so there's no higher to go. We have no PR dept.
          The letter just ignored the grievance and said to attend a meeting as per asked in earlier correspondence.
          My problem is the evidence is against her so regardless of what stage that meetings at, I can't defend myself truly as it will be naming her in issues that are deemed as gross misconduct.
          Can they just ignore my grievance and demand another meeting? As I asked for The director or a manager of equal standing to my current one to assist to resolve and that's been ignored.

Comment

No they cannot ignore your grievance letter they have to deal with it.

Comment

Ok great thank you for your help

Comment

Hi.
                after sending in a second grievance regarding bullying and harassment and explaining I didn't want the meeting with my manager as she is part of the grievance, they waited a week and simply replied with
                "Your manager is on annual leave so we will discuss your grievances with her upon her return."
                So do I now just wait?

Comment

At some stage they would need to speak to your manager about the grievance you have raised as they need to get her view on it. How much detail did you go into in your grievance? I'm just wondering whether they will speak with your manager first then arrange for a grievance meeting or whether they could arrange to meet with you informally first to clarify/get more information on your grievance, speak with your manager on her return and then have the meeting.

Comment

I done bullet points. For example
                    "the day prior to my job role change there was confrontation with 'manager' over a breech of law not being adhered too." So I never actually said what the breech was.
                    "Also my own and colleagues confidentiality were disclosed." But I never named them.
                    The second grievance was to support the first as I was explaining why I didn't want that manager to hold the meeting so my first grievance regarding disability discrimination and no notice of job change were never upheld so I presume they'll go through both?
                    I just found it strange that they had a week to call me in and ask me to disclose what my grievances are while she was off but instead they're discussing the unknown directly with her.
                    The company contract states you will be invited to an interview within 7 days of the grievance being received and obviously I haven't.

Comment

It sounds like in terms of the options I mentioned at post 23 they are going to go with speaking with your manager to discuss the contents of the letter first then arrange for a grievance meeting. They may consider that this is part of their investigation into establishing the facts of the grievance that you have raised in advance of that meeting, in which case with your manager being away on holiday they have a problem with meeting the 7 day timescale of having a meeting with you.

This is not how I would have dealt with the situation but it is not to say that they are wrong in taking this approach, although in doing so it may have been advisable for them to provide you with a more detailed explanation of timescales and actions to bring the process back on track.

Comment

Ok great thanks. To be honest I just want the whole thing over and done with. I'm off with depression and the whole situation isn't helping me to 'recover.' I took my sickness note into my local branch and my old manager (who is lovely) was surprised at how awful I appeared-tired and lost weight stressing over it all. She did invite me to chat to her but I declined as she is the only other manager so if they appointed her, I didn't want it to be looked like I had done anything wrong by explaining everything to her. She said she would speak to directors and get it hurried through as I was in tears so I suppose the whole 'bluntness' and no time frame in the directors reply letter 7 days later caused me anxiousness again. I feel like they're dragging it out so I 'drop it' but although I want it over, that doesn't mean I agree with the law breaks which are deprimental to clients so I will hold on in there.
                        I will patiently await them calling me in then.
                        Thanks again

Comment

Keep strong. We will be here to support you through the process

Comment

Thank you so much. Youve been a great support when I'm worrying/in a mental fog

Comment

Hi again
                              I got a reply from the directors in the post today. It answered my grievances but a complete fabrication and total utter lies. It really distressed me to read what they had written as a lot of it never happened and the points they've raised are so untruthful it's unbelievable. The letter ended with an invite to an interview with a different manager next week. So they are not doing it themselves, even though they spoke to my manager and got her side? Is this acceptable? Thanks in advance

Comment

The process should be that following receipt of a grievance letter they should invite you to a meeting to hear your grievance and in some instance in the intervening time they may have carried out an investigation into the issues that have been raised. The writing of a letter setting out a response to your grievance and then inviting you to a meeting is not really the right way to proceed.

In the letter where you given the right to be accompanied - just checking whilst I am thinking about it?

I'm not sure what you mean by "interview with a different manager next week. So they are not doing it themselves". If this is a manager who has not been involved in what has gone on that is a good thing - a grievance meeting should be conducted by such a person with reasonable authority to make a decision themselves. Is there a reason why you may be concerned about this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X