• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

viagogo complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viagogo complaint

Hi there. I recently brought tickets to see Tash sultana in London which was meant to be last night. I paid £150 for 2 tickets which i thought was very over priced but they were a birthday gift for my hubby and Viagogo stated that there was limited tickets available and they gave me 2 minutes to complete order otherwise id lose them. when i proceeded to payment it shot up to £302 which was booking fee and vat!! too late for me to cancel the transaction! anyway so we book a hotel and travel down to London which is a 2 plus hour drive turn up at the event and its been cancelled for tonight and had been moved to the end of next month!! I immediately try to contact Viagogo which was a struggle as there was no phone number on their website, finally found one for emergencies when the event is within 72 hours, phone that number but it wont connect me as apparently my event is more then 72 hours away! im astounded at this point because obviously my tickets were for then as i was looking right at them! I then proceeded to private message them on twitter stating the issue and I wanted a full refund as I could not attend that date as I would be out of the country . I received a response in about 30 minutes stating that as the concert was moved and not cancelled I could not have a refund and that I could resell them through their site! and she messaged me a copy of an email they apparently had sent me saying about the change(which I never received ) and on this email it says please click the big green button to confirm you have acknowledged this email which I obviously didnt click as i never received the email!!
    What rights do I have? Is there a way I can get a refund?
    Tags: None

Re: viagogo complaint

One of the other beagles will have better advice on your legal position but I would send a complaint to their customer service and complaints on
    CustomerMail@viagogo.com
    And if you do not get a satisfactory answer send a complaint escalation email to Eric Baker Viagogo CEO
    eric.baker@viagogo.com
    Good luck
    Px

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thank you. I'll send an email today..fingers crossed x

Comment

Good morning,

You could try Resolver to make a complaint for you, used this my self a couple of times (one a similar complaint to yours) the company concerned responded and refunded in about 5 days.

Or Raise a Formal Complaint with Viagogo, use signed for post, the recipient must respond within 56 days, failure to respond clears the way for you to take further action.

nem

Comment

How did you pay for these tickets?

If it was by credit card then you may be able to utilise s.75 Consumer Credit Act in relation to the perceived overcharging issue by the ticket agency.

However the fact that the concert was cancelled may not be the ticket agency's responsibility (in legal terms) since they had no control over the cancellation.

This may leave you raising the issue of a refund with the concert promoters albeit you didn't pay them direct so possibly no contract exists between you and them.

You say the ticket agency has suggested you re-sell the tickets through them. If you decide to do that then if you make a loss on the overall deal you need to establish how, and from whom, can you claim that loss.

Here's some information on s 75 CCA which makes your card provider equally responsible for a dispute (in theory )> http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...mer-credit-act

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X